[comp.sys.amiga.games] Archer & Cleric quests in MM2

don@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Donald R Lloyd) (09/09/90)

	I'm making progress in MM2 but have had no luck on these two quests.
	I've gone into Corak's (with his soul) with 3 clerics and 2 robbers,
and still can't get past the barrier blocking his body.
	Is there any relatively easy way to kill Baron whatsisface the archer?
I can hardly ever hit him (even the 21st level robbers who accompany my
archers!), and even when I do, not much damage gets done.  He, on the
other hand, is generally able to pick off my men one by one.  (The
hint book says he's got AC 50 and 300 hit points...).

	Also, I'm about to embark on the paladin's quest.  Any suggestions?

--
  Gibberish             .sig for sale or lease.
  is spoken             Contact don@vax1.acs.udel.edu for more information.

sanford@boulder.Colorado.EDU (PUT YOUR NAME HERE) (09/12/90)

In article <6905@vax1.acs.udel.EDU> don@vax1.udel.edu () writes:

>	I'm making progress in MM2 but have had no luck on these two quests.
>	I've gone into Corak's (with his soul) with 3 clerics and 2 robbers,
>and still can't get past the barrier blocking his body.

There is an old man in Corak's room who will turn off the barrier for you.
I did it with one thief and one cleric.  The map is something like:
		-DD- (doors entering crypt)
		|  |
           |-----  -----|
        |---            ---|
	|     ========    x| <-- The guy who turns off the barrier
	|---  =  DD  =  ---|
	   |--=-|??|-=--|      = - barrier

>	Is there any relatively easy way to kill Baron whatsisface the archer?
>I can hardly ever hit him (even the 21st level robbers who accompany my
>archers!), and even when I do, not much damage gets done.  He, on the
>other hand, is generally able to pick off my men one by one.  (The
>hint book says he's got AC 50 and 300 hit points...).
>	Also, I'm about to embark on the paladin's quest.  Any suggestions?

  As with any quest, it is best to go to a temple and get blessed (keep donating
until it tells you something besides "thank you!").
  I haven't played the game in quite a while, but I believe that there is
someplace you can go / something you can do which raises all of your statistics,
INCLUDING Level, up to 100.  THIS ONLY LASTS FOR ONE ENCOUNTER.  What you can do
for both of these encounters is take along a wizard (preferably the dude you can
hire in town 5 - he has a lot of magic points), and have him cast teleport
spells to the ends of each map.  If you try to teleport 9 squares to the west
when you are only 8 squares from the edge, it teleports you to the first square
east in the map, not into the next map... you might be able to use that to your
advantage.  Then just step into the next map when you get to the edge.  The
reason you do this is to avoid any non-random encounters and as many potential
random encounters as possible.
   Once you get to a square next to the encounter, dismiss the wizard from the
party - he just goes back to the last inn he was saved at.  Finally, take a step
into the encounter and go to it - with your Level-100 character.  (You cannot do
this for the thief or wizard quests.)
   I solved the Baron Whatshisname and Black Knight quests by having both thief
and questing character carry healing items.  For each encounter round, attack
with one character and heal the fighting character with the other.  There will
be some rounds where all you do is heal, but during the time when both charac-
ters are conscious, the one who fights does a lot of damage.  This may or may
not be easier with multiple thieves and questing characters, but I got it done
with just one of each.

				Good luck!
				Steve