[comp.sys.amiga.games] Forwarded Turrican recommendation

The following forwarded email is self explanatory.  You'll probably have
as little success getting back to that incredibly ugly botch of an address
as I expect to, but apparently Mike can read your replies if you post them.
(Don't you hate sites that give alphabet soup userid's?)

Kent, the man from xanth.

|=| Date: Tue, 11 Sep 90 16:16 EST
|=| From: PMXSG0%POPV03%dupont.com@RELAY.CS.NET
|=| Subject: RE: Buy This Game! (Re: Turrican Demo)
|=| To: xanthian%zorch.sf-bay.org@RELAY.CS.NET

Kent,
I cannot post to CSAG since everything I send is relayed to CSA, or else
I would post this rather than email to you.  I too have got the Turrican
bug!  I thought I was a die-hard adventurer and flight simulator pilot...
but I thought what the heck, people that bought Turrican were going wild
over it, I will buy it.  My life has not been the same since.  All the
superlatives on the graphics and sound would be wasted lip flapping or
finger tapping as the case may be.  But, for those of us that have played
it for quite a bit (over two weeks?) the gameplay and extra tidbits are the
real treats.  You need to explore every bit of the game area and try
everything you can at each point.  I have gotten to level 3-1, almost two
hours of playing spread over three sessions...makes the <CTRL> pause feature
very handy.
My only complaint, and minor, is that it will not work with my GVP3001.  I
have a switch that I can turn the card off with and play games.  I guess I
also had a boot problem one of the 20-odd times I have booted the game up.
How does 330,000 strike you as a high game score?
If you can forward this to CSAG, I will add this last line....
BUY THIS GAME, WE WANT MORE FROM THESE AUTHORS.
mike scribner

maffett@uther.CS.ORST.EDU (Tim Maffett) (09/13/90)

   Turrican II is almost done and will be ready for christmas
sales.  It boast better graphics, better sound, and (get this) A
BIGGER play area!  I can't wait.  I have finished Turrican I now and
my score was around 1,500,000, took me all day, even flying through
the levels and not getting any of the "extras".  Great end of game animation.
Yes to more Turrican XXX, NO to Beast XXX crap.
 tim

ps.  I have Mr. Do Run Run now, not too bad if you liked the arcade game then
I would venture you would like this version.  They could have done better
though.  No to get StarCastle ;).