[comp.sys.amiga.games] Has anyone seen these games?

IO91461@MAINE.BITNET (Tom Nezwek) (08/31/90)

         I'm still miss some of the games of the past.. Has anyone out
    there seen comercial/pd Amiga versions of the following games?

              1. Dig Dug               6. Omega Race
              2. Mr. Doo!              7. Star Castle
              3. Donkey Kong           8. Robotron
              4. Donkey Kong Jr.       9. Galaga
              5. Omega Race           10. Gorf

                 Thanks for your time...
              ___                    ____
             ////  /\    |\  /|  |  |          /\    TM
        ___ ////  /  \   | \/ |  |  |  __     /  \
        \\\X///  /----\  |    |  |  |    |   /----\     -LATER
         \XXX/  /      \ |    |  |  |____|  /      \     -TOM
                                                       IO91461@MAINE
            **> ONLY AN AMIGA MAKES IT POSSIBLE <**

maffett@netcom.UUCP (Tim Maffett) (09/01/90)

In article <90242.142000IO91461@MAINE.BITNET> IO91461@MAINE.BITNET (Tom Nezwek) writes:

>         I'm still miss some of the games of the past.. Has anyone out
>    there seen comercial/pd Amiga versions of the following games?
>
>              1. Dig Dug               6. Omega Race
>              2. Mr. Doo!              7. Star Castle
>              3. Donkey Kong           8. Robotron
>              4. Donkey Kong Jr.       9. Galaga
>              5. Omega Race           10. Gorf

   I have a version of Dig Dug, called "Dugger", made my some austrian
company.  Its alright, but probably not worth the $40.00 I paid for it ;)
I also bought a version of Donkey Kong way back in 85', but I think it only
works with version 1.0 of AmigaDos ;)

   Mr Doo! (RunRun) is one of the Best arcade games every, if I could find
one of the machines I would by it.  The rest of this listhas some greats
also.  Star Castle seems like something that would be pretty easy to do,
simple game, great music.
-tim

ps.  I just bought a copy of BionicCommando for $4.99, another bad CapCom
arcade port.  It was to hard to play, so I disassembled the program and
changed it so I could have 128 lives.  I could then play through all the
levels (it does get better, more responsive to), and get my 5 bucks worth.
If anyone is interested in the patch I can mail you the byte to patch with
NewZap or somesuch disk/sector editor.

borgen@stud.cs.uit.no (Boerge Noest) (09/03/90)

In article <13011@netcom.UUCP> maffett@netcom.UUCP (Tim Maffett) writes:

>   Mr Doo! (RunRun) is one of the Best arcade games every, if I could find
>one of the machines I would by it.  The rest of this listhas some greats

Keep your cash ready; there is a port of it coming for your Amiga RSN(if
not released already) from Electro-Coin(British)

--
|//// ______________ don't use R/r(eply)! *mail* me ______________	\\\\|
|///  borgen@stud.cs.uit.no   (Borge Nost)   				 \\\|

ovb10@erato.cs.kun.nl (ovb cursus) (09/13/90)

IO91461@MAINE.BITNET (Tom Nezwek) writes:

>         I'm still miss some of the games of the past.. Has anyone out
>    there seen comercial/pd Amiga versions of the following games?
>
>              1. Dig Dug               6. Omega Race
>              2. Mr. Doo!              7. Star Castle
>              3. Donkey Kong           8. Robotron
>              4. Donkey Kong Jr.       9. Galaga
>              5. Omega Race           10. Gorf

All these games are RAD, dude, but what about Arcade Successes like:
    - Bomb Jack    (never seen a SERIOUS attempt to port it)
    - Xevious      (never even seen an attempt to port it)

By the way, I hope that they port Galaga better to the Amiga then they
did with the '64 version...

Patrick Atoon          |  "It's never too late to start
University of Nijmegen |   your own crackpot religion"

tope@enea.se (Tommy Petersson) (09/14/90)

In article <2155@wn1.sci.kun.nl> ovb10@erato.cs.kun.nl (ovb cursus) writes:
-IO91461@MAINE.BITNET (Tom Nezwek) writes:
->         I'm still miss some of the games of the past.. Has anyone out
->    there seen comercial/pd Amiga versions of the following games?
->
->              1. Dig Dug               6. Omega Race
->              2. Mr. Doo!              7. Star Castle
->              3. Donkey Kong           8. Robotron
->              4. Donkey Kong Jr.       9. Galaga
->              5. Omega Race           10. Gorf
-
-All these games are RAD, dude, but what about Arcade Successes like:
-    - Bomb Jack    (never seen a SERIOUS attempt to port it)

I have seen someone playing a game called Bomb Jack (rather irritating
tune). I don't own it myself, and I haven't played the arcade game, so
I can't say anything about its' seriousness. It didn't look like crap,
though.

-    - Xevious      (never even seen an attempt to port it)
-
-By the way, I hope that they port Galaga better to the Amiga then they
-did with the '64 version...
-
-Patrick Atoon          |  "It's never too late to start
-University of Nijmegen |   your own crackpot religion"

Tommy Petersson