[comp.sys.amiga.games] Sidearms

DEB110@psuvm.psu.edu (Doug Bischoff) (09/15/90)

     I saw this in a Briwall ad... that they had the game "sidearms" for
the Amiga.  Is this the Sidearms game I recall from the arcade years ago?
If so, does anybody know if it will run on the 3000?  Thanx!

| -Doug  Bischoff- |    *** ***    ====--\         | "Beggars   can't |
| -DEB110 @ PSUVM- |   *  ***  *     ==|<>\___     | be users.   Just |
| -The Black Ring- |    *** ***        |______\    | give me the damn |
| --- "Wheels" --- |      ***           O   O      | disk, willya?"   |
| Corwyn Blakwolfe |     T.R.I.     -------------  |   -"Grendel" Roe |

twells@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Tabor Wells) (09/15/90)

DEB110@psuvm.psu.edu (Doug Bischoff) writes:

>     I saw this in a Briwall ad... that they had the game "sidearms" for
>the Amiga.  Is this the Sidearms game I recall from the arcade years ago?
>If so, does anybody know if it will run on the 3000?  Thanx!

Well, Doug, I wouldn't waste your time. It is a *VERY* poor port of the
Arcade original, by Capcom. I bought it from a local dealer for $5. I'm
glad it was only $5. Any more and I would have been angry. The graphics
are poor, at best. The sprites are too large, slow moving, and not very
colorful. I'm not sure if it will work on a 3000. I think it was a well-
behaved game, so it probably would. But I wouldn't waste my time, if I
were you. There are better fish in the sea. If you are still interested,
I can sell you the thing for what I payed. I still have the box. I may
even still have the manual (if I look for it, I might be able to find it).
But the manual doesn't say much of anything.
	Tabor Wells
	twells@eecs.cs.pdx.edu

pashdown@shotput.es.com@bambam.UUCP (Pete Ashdown) (09/21/90)

DEB110@psuvm.psu.edu (Doug Bischoff) writes:

>     I saw this in a Briwall ad... that they had the game "sidearms" for
>the Amiga.  Is this the Sidearms game I recall from the arcade years ago?

Well, sort of.  Same title, licensed from CapCom as well, but what US Gold
actually produced is a shadow of the original game.  My advice is not to
even bother with this version (as well as 90% of the crap that spews out
of US Gold).  If you want a home version of Sidearms, the NEC TurboGrafix
supposedly has a good one.

>If so, does anybody know if it will run on the 3000?  Thanx!

Given US Gold's 020/030 track record, I highly doubt it.

--
 /    (Rotate head 90 degrees for full effect)
 \    Pete Ashdown    pashdown@esunix   ...utah-cs!esunix!pashdown