[comp.sys.amiga.games] Tank Battle via Future Classics

bgi@stbimbo.UUCP (Brad Isley) (09/22/90)

rpj@screech.rice.edu (Richard Parvin Jernigan) writes:

>I've played firepower, and over the modem.  It's worth buying... most
>impressive.  Probly better for when two people are completely smashed-- there
>seems to be nothing better in the world to do than blow up everything.  Lotsa
>laughs.

An even better tank battle game comes with Future Classics.
Future Classics is a collection of 5 games on one disk.
I forget the publisher/author.

I just had a late-night beer-smashed battle with a friend with tank battle
and it is MUCH more entertaining than Firepower.  Too bad the screen doesn't
scroll and you always see the opponent, but there is much more strategy
involved.  Obstacles that rise and fall, laser beams, bouncing bombs, supply
trucks, and on and on...  GREAT FUN!  Haven't tried the other four games yet.
Plus there are 3 computer opponents you can battle with!  It's not copy
protected and is HD installable.  Box sez 500/1000/2000/2500 compatible.
Uses a look-up-number-in-book.  Isn't a modem game...  You can also play
with no opponent against a timer.  Object is capture-the flag.

Other games on the disk:
   Some kind of 3D tetris, but you can only rotate blocks around vertical axis.
   Diet Riot.
   Lost'n'Maze  (Neat 3D perspective view.)
   (Oops, I forgot the other one - Tank battle was too much fun!)

I'll follow up with a review later...
--
-----------------------------\      / ..and Apple thought GUI was theirs!.. \
 bgi@SalesTech.COM 841-4169    \---| Yer local zymurgist & Amiga hacker/user |