[comp.sys.amiga.games] MM2 editor & other questions

beck@qtp.ufl.edu (Sullivan Beck) (09/16/90)

I have several questions about the Amiga.  I'm in the
process of buying an Amiga and want some help to get
started on a couple games.

I am looking for a program to create characters for Might
and Magic 2.  I played MM2 on a friends Apple 2 but now
I'm in the process of buying an Amiga and want to be able
to start where I left off (I had 120+ hours on it already).
Especially important would be a way to edit the hirelings
characters as well as the main group and also the ability
to create any item available in the game.  It would be
especially nice if this were public domain but I'll take
what I can get.  Does anyone know if there is a program
available to do this?

I'm interested in a Bard's Tale 1 character editor as well
but it's not as important.  I kind of lost interest in
the game so I'm not sure I'll ever go back and finish it.
I'm certainly not willing to pay much for the editor.

Also, what are the status of Ultima 5 and 6 on the
Amiga?  Ultima 4 was probably the best adventure game
I'd ever played and I'd really like to play more of
them.

I guess that'll do for now.  Thanks in advance for
your replies.

         S. Beck
         beck@qtp.ufl.edu

d6b@psuecl.bitnet (09/25/90)

In article <1144@red15.qtp.ufl.edu>, beck@qtp.ufl.edu (Sullivan Beck) writes:
> I am looking for a program to create characters for Might
> and Magic 2.  I played MM2 on a friends Apple 2 but now

There will be a Might & Magic II character editor on an upcoming hint kit
from Elkon Enterprises. Look for an ad in AmigaWorld in a month or two.
Of course, there will be a lot more than just this editor; there will be
at least three disks jam-packed with cheat programs (for infinite lives,
etc.), character editors (like this one), maps, tips, and a comprehensive
list of game backdoors (and other stuff, but you get the idea).

> Amiga?  Ultima 4 was probably the best adventure game
> I'd ever played and I'd really like to play more of
> them.

Me too!!!!

-- Dan Babcock