[comp.sys.amiga.games] Archon I preboot NEEDED BAD

wuly@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (09/19/90)

Hi.  I know people have seen it before, but.....

I just got archon I via somebody from the Internet for $10.  Great game!
but as we all know, it won't work w/o a preboot.  I got the preboot also,
but it doesn't work.  I have a 500 w/501 expansion.  Any help would be
appreciated.  I would really love a pointer to an archive site - pref.
a patch/preboot that I dont have to uudecode (I like .ZOO archives ...)
THANKS TO ALL RESPONSES !!!
						jesse lackey
-
Hancock
-

john_w_hader@cup.portal.com (09/23/90)

I have an Amiga 500 with KS1.2 installed....
When some of the games that were released during KS1.1 era won't boot
I've had good luck by inserting a KS1.1 disk at the Workbench prompt.
The disk light goes on & off then the Workbench prompt returns.
Then try booting the game disk....works about 80% of the time for me!
                    ---JWH---

glin@lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU (George Lin [900116]) (09/26/90)

In article <34201@cup.portal.com> john_w_hader@cup.portal.com writes:
>I have an Amiga 500 with KS1.2 installed....
>When some of the games that were released during KS1.1 era won't boot
>I've had good luck by inserting a KS1.1 disk at the Workbench prompt.
>The disk light goes on & off then the Workbench prompt returns.
>Then try booting the game disk....works about 80% of the time for me!
>                    ---JWH---

Even if the game crashes, let it boot again and it'll always work (for
me at least, on a A1000 booted with Kickstart 1.2).

GLin