[comp.sys.amiga.games] Populous questions

ikcs374s@watserv1.waterloo.edu (07/12/90)

A few questions from a beginner:

(1) How come the battle numbers are not consecutive?  (i.e. I won battle no.
    43 (not the exact real number), and the next world to be conquered is
    battle no. 49.)  Are there any worlds in between them?  How do I find
    out the names (passwords) of such worlds?  Is this skipping of battles
    related to my score from the last battle?  (I usually won with just over
    100,000 points on average.)  And are there really 500 worlds?

(2) Once while I was playing, I observed a curious character (a fairy?) that
    moved (flied) slowly in a straight line, leaving a row of trees along
    its trail (when it was on land).  I could not interact with it in any way.
    It walked on water.  Eventually it reached the edge of the world and
    disappeared.  Anybody else has seen this?  What is it?  Is it significant?
    Any other similar surprises that you've found in the game?

(3) Finally, I am stuck in battle no. 80.  It is an ice world. I start with
    two men; the computer with four.  I cannot overcome this handicap.  I tried
    to build as much castle as I could (is this a good strategy?), and the
    computer did the same (and with more men to spare).  I almost keep up with
    it until, inevitably, it had enough magna(sp) to create a knight (I didn't
    have enough magna).  And it's all downhill from then on.  (It made more
    and more knights and ...)  Could someone offer some strategic help?

Steven

ludde@adder.bula.se (Erik Lundevall) (07/13/90)

In article <1990Jul11.195556.20920@watserv1.waterloo.edu> ikcs374s@watserv1.waterloo.edu writes:

>    battle no. 49.)  Are there any worlds in between them?  How do I find
>    out the names (passwords) of such worlds?  Is this skipping of battles

The names of the worlds a determined by a certain algorithm. A guy I know wrote
a program using that so you could get the name of a world by specifying its number.

>Steven

---
-Erik Lundevall
EMail: ludde@adder.bula.se | ludde@nada.kth.se

hoppi@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (David P Hopkins) (07/19/90)

In article <35@adder.bula.se> Erik Lundevall <ludde@adder.bula.se> writes:

>The names of the worlds a determined by a certain algorithm. A guy I know wrote
>a program using that so you could get the name of a world by specifying its number.
>

>---
>-Erik Lundevall
>EMail: ludde@adder.bula.se | ludde@nada.kth.se
Would it be possible for you to post the names of the worlds? I would like
to try my hand at one of the later worlds. I have only played a couple of
times and have only got to the second world, I don't want to go thru say
20 worlds in order to try my inexperienced hand at a harder world. (Call
it stupid or whatever you like but that is what they are teaching me at
college!!!!!!!).

Thanx,
David Hopkins
hoppi@vax1.udel.edu

nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil ( Michael S Figg) (09/27/90)

Can somebody tell me what is the best way to built up your leader? Is it to
have walkers go to leader?

Also what is the best way to build castles?

Thanks,

---Mike,

--
 --------       o       A heard of bagels     | Michael Figg  DSAC-FSD