[comp.sys.amiga.games] NO

kpicott@alias.UUCP (Socrates) (10/05/90)

In <90275.155328IO92257@MAINE.BITNET> IO92257@MAINE.BITNET writes:

>Well, folks, is Rocket Ranger impossible? I've been playing it for
>years, and still havn't conquered it....only got to the moon ONCE!
>An awesome game.  If anyone knows any cheats, please tell me!

No it's possible, and without any cheats too.  The secret is that you
have to rescue the girl only once.  If you try to rescue her the second
time, not only is it harder but the fight with the guard becomes almost
impossible when you are retrieving the last piece of the rocket.

It's a good idea to capture a fuel base early (both if you can) so that
fuel is not one of your concerns.  Also make sure you map out your trips
to cover the most amount of ground with the least fuel.  Start at the
farthest countries first (longest travel time, but at the beginning you
have time to spare until the girl is captured for the first time).

In case you haven't guessed, I've made it to the end, although I haven't
looked at the game in 6 months now (that's why I hate adventure-type
games... once you finish there's no challenge left in them).  Have you ever
taken off and had a UFO appear in the sky just behind you?  That's
significant near the end on the moon ('nuff said).
--
 Kevin Picott   aka   Socrates   aka   kpicott%alias@csri.toronto.edu
 Alias Research Inc.  110 Richmond St. E.  Toronto, Ontario... M5C 1P1

jeremym@brahms.udel.edu (Jeremy A Moskowitz) (10/07/90)

In article <kpicott.655128664@sapporo> kpicott@alias.UUCP (Socrates) writes:

>In case you haven't guessed, I've made it to the end, although I haven't
>looked at the game in 6 months now (that's why I hate adventure-type
>games... once you finish there's no challenge left in them).  Have you ever
>taken off and had a UFO appear in the sky just behind you?  That's
>significant near the end on the moon ('nuff said).

This has only happened to me once: When taking off from ft dix (jet packing it)
has anyone ever hit a bird? I did *ONE TIME* *ONCE* and it never happened
again. I thought maybe it was memory or something.. .but now I have
 a full II megs... and have yet to see it again..

 Lemme know.

 jeremym@brahms.udel.edu

ifarqhar@sunc.mqcc.mq.oz.au (Ian Farquhar) (10/10/90)

In article <kpicott.655128664@sapporo> kpicott@alias.UUCP (Socrates) writes:
>games... once you finish there's no challenge left in them).  Have you ever
>taken off and had a UFO appear in the sky just behind you?  That's
>significant near the end on the moon ('nuff said).

I've not seen the UFO, but I've seen the duck.  What's it's significance
(other than it's funny).

--
Ian Farquhar                      Phone : 61 2 805-9403
Office of Computing Services      Fax   : 61 2 805-7433