[comp.sys.amiga.games] F/A-18 Interceptor, code-wheel

djh@metaphor.metaphor.com (Dallas Hodgson) (10/09/90)

F/A-18 Interceptor, I called EA product support (415) 571-7171 and asked if
a non-code wheel version is available. He said "no, I don't think so - I
was playing the game last week." He asked around, came back and said no,
there hasn't been a new version. And yes, the code-wheel for every mission
is a big pain.

jkh@meepmeep.pcs.com (Jordan K. Hubbard) (10/11/90)

>F/A-18 Interceptor, I called EA product support (415) 571-7171 and asked if

I never said that I didn't have a code wheel version (the code wheel
did come in the box), just that the code wheel never seems to be
necessary. Someone else said that the code wheel stuff was nuked from
the game after the first week of release, so I don't know what's what.

I do know that I don't seem to be missing anything by not having to
enter it.. :-)

Again: My game was purchased from a reputable store. I seriously doubt
that piraters are printing their own manuals, releasing the code wheel
ANYWAY and somehow getting the stuff into stores! The folks claiming
that I'm playing a pirated version haven't thought this through..

So. Now who knows Bob Dinnerman or someone at EA we can complain to enough
to get F/A-18 Interceptor II released? Is it true that Bob left EA and is
now working on an F-14 simulator? If so, where? Facts! We need facts!
We need numbers to call to show support! I'm willing to call, and I'm in
*Germany* for god's sake!

					Jordan
--
			PCS Computer Systeme GmbH, Munich, West Germany
	UUCP:		pyramid!pcsbst!jkh jkh@meepmeep.pcs.com

djh@metaphor.metaphor.com (Dallas Hodgson) writes:

|F/A-18 Interceptor, I called EA product support (415) 571-7171 and asked if
|a non-code wheel version is available. He said "no, I don't think so - I
|was playing the game last week." He asked around, came back and said no,
|there hasn't been a new version. And yes, the code-wheel for every mission
|is a big pain.

The non-code wheel version is created by a program floating around on BBS's.
It modifies your original F-18 disk to unprotect it.  I don't know the name
of the file off hand, but I remember someone at our local Amiga users group
telling us about it a while back when demoing F-18.

[The copy program Nib, might also de-protect it, it does quite a few
games like this. ]

--
John Sparks         |D.I.S.K. Public Access Unix System| Multi-User Games, Email
sparks@corpane.UUCP |PH: (502) 968-DISK 24Hrs/2400BPS  | Usenet, Chatting,