[comp.sys.amiga.games] Hitchhiker's Guide

kosma%human-torch@STC.LOCKHEED.COM (Monty Kosma) (06/09/90)

And here's a hint request for the old infocom Hitchhiker's guide...

I haven't touched this one for quite some time now, but where I left
off I was totally stuck.  I got in to see Marvin, and he said "meet me
at the hatch with the proper tool" basically, but everytime I meet him
at the hatch (where you can only take one tool, and the floor is an open
wire grid) I've got the wrong tool...help!  what do I do? Is it something
with the thing your aunt gave you that you don't know what it is?

I'd appreciate a hint!

monty
kosma@human-torch.lasc-research.lockheed.com

bscott@nyx.UUCP (Ben Scott) (06/09/90)

In article <9006082243.AA04028@human-torch.lockheed.com> kosma%human-torch@STC.LOCKHEED.COM (Monty Kosma) writes:
>And here's a hint request for the old infocom Hitchhiker's guide...
[...]
>at the hatch (where you can only take one tool, and the floor is an open
>wire grid) I've got the wrong tool...help!  what do I do? Is it something
>with the thing your aunt gave you that you don't know what it is?

If memory serves, the thing your aunt gave you is quite useful.  You can put
a LOT of stuff in it, drop it, and no matter where you go it shows up on your
inventory a few turns later.  This is how to get all the tools into the little
room.  I think.  I never did get very far in this game, actually... I no longer
even have it, but I recently started playing again when I found a board which
has a large number of old Infocom classics ONLINE...

Which reminds me:  I have a hint request of my own.  I am also trying to play
Suspended (one of my favorites) but I've long since lost the map I had and the
transcript of the game which gave me lots of hints... anyway, could someone
at LEAST help me and tell me where to get the ramp to put in that hallway -
and maybe remind me how to fix Iris and if possible just send me a map?

.                           <<<<Infinite K>>>>

(or tell me where to get one, whatever)

--
|Ben Scott, professional goof-off and consultant at The Raster Image, Denver|
|Internet bscott@nyx.cs.du.edu, FIDO 1:104/421.2 or Arvada 68K (303)424-9831|

tjf@lanl.gov (Tom J Farish) (10/10/90)

Hi...I'd like to get Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for Ami.  Anyone
willing to part with a copy?  Is it even made for Amiga?

bscott@isis.cs.du.edu (Ben Scott) (10/16/90)

In article <65364@lanl.gov> tjf@lanl.gov (Tom J Farish) writes:
>Hi...I'd like to get Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for Ami.  Anyone
>willing to part with a copy?  Is it even made for Amiga?

Yes, it is made for the Amiga.  I have a copy.  I might be willing to
sell just the game itself (original disk) and perhaps the box but I won't
part with the hilarious pamphlets, forms and other stuff included.  They're
what I bought it for (never could get very far in those kinds of games).

Then again I'm not sure it's legal to sell just a game disk, box and the
manual without the rest of the junk.  (well, there really isn't a manual
beyond the basic stuff common to most Infocom games, and one page which
warns DO NOT TRY TO MAP THE AIRPORT...)  And it's not nearly as intersting
without them.  But if you're really fanatically interested, we might be
able to work something out.

.                            <<<<Infinite K>>>>

--
|Ben Scott, professional goof-off and consultant at The Raster Image, Denver|
|FIDO point address 1:104/421.2, bscott@nyx.cs.du.edu, or BBS (303)424-9831 |