[comp.sys.amiga.games] MM2

berrios@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Jose A. Berrios) (10/16/90)

I seem to have a problem with Might & Magic II.  I have started the games 10
times already in the hopes to fix the problem.  My problem is that when I go
rescue the children in the cave of middlegate, they are not there.  When
I get to the corner where they are supposed to be at, it replies with "...empty
set of manacles....".   Can anyone please help me!!!!!!!!

			Thanks,
				Jose A. Berrios

jh6n+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jason Hou) (10/16/90)

Excerpts from berrios @mentor.cc.purdue.edu(Jose A. Berrios)
Oct 16, MM2:
>I seem to have a problem with Might & Magic II. I have started the game
10 times already in the hopes to fix the problem. My problem is that
when I go rescue the children in the cave of middlegate, they are not
there. When I get to the corner where they are suppose to be at, it
replies with "...empty set of manacles....".  Can anyone please help
me!!!!!!

I had a problem similar to this when I played MM2, my problem was that
if I started with characters imported from MM1, I couldnot find any
hirelings at all. But when I made new characters using the character
generator, it worked fine. I think it's a bug in the game. Has anyone
else had the same problem, did New World Computing ever make a newer
version? It's an awful pain trying to stay alive with 1st level
characters with no gold instead of 7th level characters with 1000 gp
each.
But I did survive, and manage to finish the game as well.

I hope this helped, although I doubt it. By the way, I was using a 286
AT clone with EGA.

2flntopaz@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (10/17/90)

In article <15183@mentor.cc.purdue.edu>, berrios@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Jose A. Berrios) writes:
> I seem to have a problem with Might & Magic II.  I have started the games 10
> times already in the hopes to fix the problem.  My problem is that when I go
> rescue the children in the cave of middlegate, they are not there.  When
> I get to the corner where they are supposed to be at, it replies with "...empty
> set of manacles....".   Can anyone please help me!!!!!!!!
>
> 			Thanks,
> 				Jose A. Berrios

You must first visit the Wizard and he will ask you to obtain his goblet
for him.  Once you return it to him, he tells you to visit his sister.
Visit his sister and she will ask you to rescue her children.  Now go down
there and they should be there.  You just have to do things one step at
a time...

David Poland
2flntopaz@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu