[comp.sys.amiga.games] Unreal

swann@acsu.buffalo.edu (stephen swann) (10/17/90)

I saw a game called "Unreal" that made the claim of being virtual-
reality based.  Has anyone tried it?  Any comments?  I was just
wondering why I haven't seen any mention of it, as I presumed it
was new.  (am I wrong?)

--
Steve Swann                    *     "Speak to me in many voices; make
swann@acsu.buffalo.edu         *         them all sound like one... "

jcfst@unix.cis.pitt.edu (John C. Fossum) (10/17/90)

In article <41008@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU>, swann@acsu.buffalo.edu (stephen swann) writes:
> I saw a game called "Unreal" that made the claim of being virtual-
> reality based.  Has anyone tried it?  Any comments?  I was just
> wondering why I haven't seen any mention of it, as I presumed it
> was new.  (am I wrong?)
>

> --
> Steve Swann                    *     "Speak to me in many voices; make
> swann@acsu.buffalo.edu         *         them all sound like one... "
> v061q3x6@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu  *                  - Blue Oyster Cult

     Unreal, by UBISoft, has some nice looking things going on. The
opening sequence with the floating chrome balls is excellent as well as
the soundtrack which has a alto sax solo that sounds incredibly real.
As far as I've got, which hasn't been that far for lack of time to
play, seems like there is 2 modes of play; bitmapped flight portraying
you as a flying dragon, collecting weapon and shield bonuses through some
neat looking backgrounds; and a side scrolling mode (in hi-res) that
has the same feel as Shadow of the Beast but more puzzle solving. The
game is pretty with lots of neat and realistic sound effects but it
is more or less just another arcade game.

-Steve M. Suhy-