[comp.sys.amiga.games] New games: anarchy, the killing game show

buffa@kish.inria.fr (Michel Buffa) (10/17/90)

In article <40795@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU>, v092mgp5@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Scott K Wood) writes:

>      I just picked up the November issue of AmigaWhirled.  There are TONS
> of ads for news games (especially from Psygnosis).  Anyone seen the new
> one from Readysoft (it's on the inside of the front cover), or any of
> the new Psygnosis games (Killing Game Show, Anarchy etc.)?  Any comments
> on how they are?
>
>                                                Scott

ANARCHY: a great defender clone with excellent graphics and incredible
animation: multiscroll at the bottom of the screen, nice background graphics
and an incredible ammount of sprites animated at the same time. In the higher
levels, there are something like 70 or more sprites at the same time on
screen. The game is very playable and the control of the ship is very good.
It's at least as good as DATASTORM, an other wonderful defender-clone. Levels
contains always one or more big monsters, like a giant snake which must be hit
in the head, and spit dozens of ennemies on you, a big skull,... DEFINETELY A
MUST FOR ARCADE FANS. But if you aren't very familiar with very fast and
furious shoot'em'up, don't buy this one: if you never reached level 10 of
DATASTORM, give up. At the begginning this game seemed too difficult and
unplayable like many Psygnosis games, but after a few tries, I managed to
reach level 5, and now I reached level 8 (I don't know how many levels there
are). I developped a different strategy for each level, because in defender
type games, half of the  ennemies are intelligent, so the "put your ship here
and you won't be hit" doesn't work.

THE KILLING GAME SHOW: A very good game, a mixture of arcade and strategy, but
VERY PLAYABLE AND ADDICTIVE. I LOVE THIS ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can progress easily because when you die, if you wait a second or two, the
game starts an instant replay, and at any time you can stop the replay and
continue the game just before you died. An intelligent way to progress and
analyse your errors. You can even save the game between levels !!!

ONE NEW THING:

	THESE PSYGNOSIS GAMES ARE PLAYABLE
			          GREAT GAMES

				  DON'T BUY SHADOW OF THE BEAST 2

Michel Buffa:       Projet Robotvis, INRIA, France

    Internet:       buffa@sardaigne.inria.fr
Surface Mail:       Michel BUFFA, INRIA - Sophia Antipolis,
                    2004, route des Lucioles, 06565 Valbonne Cedex -- FRANCE
 Voice phone:       (33) 93.65.78.39, Fax: (33) 93 65 77 65