[comp.sys.amiga.games] Reactions wanted on new games

huebner@aero.aero.org (Robert Huebner) (10/11/90)

I was wondering if anyone net-gamer out there could give me a
reaction toward either of these new games.  They both LOOK
interesting, but I've never been lead wrong by c.s.a.g. folks
in the past.  The games I'm wondering about are:

Immortal by EA
Dragonstrike by SSI (Distributed by EA)

Also, when is this new Powermonger (EA) due out?  I hope
before Christmas?

+----
Robert Huebner		huebner@aerospace.aero.org
			The Aerospace Corporation
+----

dfrancis@tronsbox.xei.com (Dennis Francis Heffernan) (10/13/90)

	RE Immortal from EA

	I saw this on the shelf at a local dealer today- the label says
"Accellerated Amigas not supported".  I have an accellerated Amiga, so I
didn't buy it.  (I don't have a switch installed to reactivate the 68000.)

 	Nice of them to tell us, I suppose, but it would be nicer if they
made the #@$%! software WORK.

dfrancis@tronsbox.xei.com   ...uunet!tronsbox!dfrancis     GEnie: D.HEFFERNAN1
"I don't understand why you make such a big deal out of everything...haven't
you learned; if it's not happenning to me it's not important?" -Murphy Brown

spierce@pnet01.cts.com (Stuart Pierce) (10/16/90)

I just purchased Immortal, and it works fine on my Amiga 2500 in 68020 mode.
What a surprise considering the label saying "Accelerated Amigas not
supported".
                                                 Stuart

huebner@aero.aero.org (Robert Huebner) writes:

>I was wondering if anyone net-gamer out there could give me a
>reaction toward either of these new games.  They both LOOK
>interesting, but I've never been lead wrong by c.s.a.g. folks
>in the past.  The games I'm wondering about are:

>Immortal by EA
>Dragonstrike by SSI (Distributed by EA)

I just bought DragonStrike. For those that don't know, DS is a Dragon
combat/flight simutator. Instead of flying a jet, you fly a dragon. and
fight other dragons.

My impression of the game so far (I only played it a few times so far) is
good. It's a bit slow, but the concept is really neat. One problem I found
is that it is supposed to have background music (toggled on and off by control
M) but it doesn't seem to work. But it maybe because I only have 512k.

You can select the amount of landscape detail to be displayed (the more detail
the slower the game).

The BEST thing about DragonStrike is that it works on all Amiga's and
it is hard drive installable. NO DISK BASED PROTECTION!! Just look up
a word in the manual protection. Although it is a pain, it's better than
disk based protection.

Ratings (from 1 to 10. 10=perfection)

Playability: 8
Speed: 4 (on an Amiga 1000. The manual says its faster on faster amigas)
Protection scheme: 6

--
John Sparks         |D.I.S.K. Public Access Unix System| Multi-User Games, Email
sparks@corpane.UUCP |PH: (502) 968-DISK 24Hrs/2400BPS  | Usenet, Chatting,