[comp.sys.amiga.games] DM help please

angst@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au (Angst) (10/15/90)

I'm down to level 5, but I want to know something about level 4.  Okay, think
of the four "Treasure Store" areas; now picture the only one of the four that
doesn't have a large square room.  There is a section in this one that has at
least four wall switches in it.  Originally, it looks like this:

		   +-----------+
		   |           |
		   |           +---+
		   |               |
	   +-------+               +---+
	   |                           |
	   |   +---+   +-------+   +-o-+
	   |   |   |   |       |   |
	   |   |   +---+       +---+

where the "o" is wall switch.  When you press it, a wall section disappears.
Playing around a bit, you can make a few others disappear as well ending up
with this:

		   +-----------+
		   |           |
		   |           +-----o-+
		   |                   |
	   +-------+                   |
	   |                           |
	   |   +---+               +-o-+
	   |   |   |               |
	   |   |   +-----o---x-----+

The one marked "x" is the same as the others, but I can't figure out what it
does.  It looks as though there should be stacks of rooms above this one
(judging by the gaps on my map) but I can't seem to open anything else.  Anyone
know anything about this ?

Also, do any of the necklaces do anything (apart from the Illumulet, which has
obvious properties) ?  The Gem of Ages (found in this room, actually) sounds
ominous but I haven't picked any unusual behaviour.

Angst

---------------
"It is an ex-parrot.  It has ceased to be; expired and gone to meet its maker."
  -- Margaret Thatcher, slagging off at the Liberal Democrats at the
     1990 'Tory Conference

Bet the Pythons were stoked.
---------------

quimbyjs@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Jeff Quimby) (10/15/90)

The room only yields two items which have no importance. The combination of
buttons open the passages.

As for jewelry you have to watch your stats. because some do change them a
point or two.

-Jeff

eric@oakhill.UUCP (Eric Quintana) (10/15/90)

In article <5223@uqcspe.cs.uq.oz.au> angst@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au writes:

>		   +-----------+
>		   |           |
>		   |           +-----o-+
>		   |                   |
>	   +-------+                   |
>	   |                           |
>	   |   +---+               +-o-+
>	   |   |   |               |
>	   |   |   +-----o---x-----+
>
>The one marked "x" is the same as the others, but I can't figure out what it
>does.  It looks as though there should be stacks of rooms above this one
>(judging by the gaps on my map) but I can't seem to open anything else.  Anyone
>know anything about this ?

After pressing "x", I think you just do an about face and search the
opposite side for the opening.  You probably won't be able to see the
opening unless you walk to the other side.

>Also, do any of the necklaces do anything (apart from the Illumulet, which has
>obvious properties) ?  The Gem of Ages (found in this room, actually) sounds
>ominous but I haven't picked any unusual behaviour.

Don't know yet.

>Angst

 -^-\__                o  o    o     o    o  o                __/-^-
/  (@  --__        o o     o  o   o   o  o     o o        __--  @)  \
|    ^==v=v=   o o  o o o   Eric Quintana   o o o  o o   =v=v==^    |
|v   --^-^-/       o o     o  o   o   o  o     o o       \-^-^--   v|
|  v \                 o  o    o     o    o  o                 / v  |
| v   \                      o    o    o                      /   v |
|   v  \              eric@rorschach.sps.mot.com             /  v   |
(_______)           Motorola Microprocessor Design          (_______)
 )_____(   Interested in Live-Action Role-Playing?  Ask me   )_____(
(_______)  about the International Fantasy Gaming Society.  (_______)