[comp.sys.amiga.games] ELITE Cheat Help!!!!

c0037685@cc.nu.oz.au (10/09/90)

HELP ANYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!
	I have finally got a copy of ELITE for the Amiga ,after years of pllaying it
(oops) playing it on the 64 .... The problem is on the amiga I am harmless
whilst on the 64 I was Deadly ..... I cant remember how to dock without docking
computers......
	I remember a while back somebody posted a cheat for ELITE ....Could
that person or somebody who knows the cheat pllease post it ....
	I am desperate ... ELITE is my all time favourite game and it disappoints me not be
s me not being able to play it the way I love to...
		Any help would be great!!!!
					See ya later
					Craig Godden....
					Newcastle
					Australia

markf@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Mark Foster) (10/10/90)

Its easy really....
Type "SARA" without the quotes when prompted for the code.
Enter the correct code when prompted again
Answer "N" to load new commander.
Press the "HELP" key to enter cheat mode.

I do have have a list of which bytes to change so E-mail me if you want it.

Mark Foster, Computing Service  |         markf@syma.sussex.ac.uk            |
University of Sussex, Falmer.   |         ccfa3@cluster.sussex.ac.uk         |
England.+44 273 606755 x8096    |         #include std_disclaimer.h          |
"There are no such useless words as 'I didn't have a chance'"... Driving, HMSO

cabp10@vaxa.strath.ac.uk (10/10/90)

In article <2016.2711f0af@cc.nu.oz.au>, c0037685@cc.nu.oz.au writes:

> HELP ANYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!
> 	I have finally got a copy of ELITE for the Amiga ,after years of pllaying it
> (oops) playing it on the 64 .... The problem is on the amiga I am harmless
> whilst on the 64 I was Deadly ..... I cant remember how to dock without docking
> computers......
> 	I remember a while back somebody posted a cheat for ELITE ....Could
> that person or somebody who knows the cheat pllease post it ....
> 	I am desperate ... ELITE is my all time favourite game and it disappoints me not be
> s me not being able to play it the way I love to...
> 		Any help would be great!!!!
> 					See ya later
> 					Craig Godden....
> 					Newcastle
> 					Australia

 the first time the computer asks for the word type SARA then hit return input
the right word next (I'm not sure about the next bit) press the * that sould
give you some hex to play with experament and enjoy

Dan Dare
Sean Stratton // Cabp10@Uk.Ac.Strath.Vaxa // but why not just use Reply?
Thats no plan thats a plot, to murder me, and I'm having no part of it.
 You signed a Contract.
Yea to F*** for fredom, but I aint meeting my maker in Frogtown.
   By Sam Hell in Hell comes to Frogtown

trebbien@cbmger.UUCP (Uwe Trebbien GERMANY) (10/18/90)

In article <2016.2711f0af@cc.nu.oz.au> c0037685@cc.nu.oz.au writes:

>HELP ANYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!
>	I have finally got a copy of ELITE for the Amiga ,after years of pllaying it
>(oops) playing it on the 64 .... The problem is on the amiga I am harmless
>whilst on the 64 I was Deadly ..... I cant remember how to dock without docking
>computers......
>	I remember a while back somebody posted a cheat for ELITE ....Could
>that person or somebody who knows the cheat pllease post it ....
>	I am desperate ... ELITE is my all time favourite game and it disappoints me not be
>s me not being able to play it the way I love to...
>		Any help would be great!!!!
>					See ya later
>					Craig Godden....
>					Newcastle
>					Australia

A little time ago there was a posting how to use the build in hacker
mode of ELITE.

Here are some more informations for byte locations and how to use them

To enter the hacker mode you have to enter SARA as the first password,
then the real one. In the game you enter the hacker by pressing the
<HELP> key.

Now here are the locations (all variables in hex) :

00-0B	Players name ASCII terminated with 00
0C,0D	Number of galctic chart - 1 (00,00 means chart 1)
0E-15	Planet (encoded)
16	Options (1=Effects 2=Damping 4=Autocenter 8=Reversdive
		10=Docking 20=Dockingsequence)
18-1B	Credits in 1/10 BINARY
1C,1D	Price index (changes prices, don't know, which rules)
1E,1F	Fuel in 1/10 of light years BINARY
20,21*	No of missiles (max 00,04)
22,23	Large cargo bay (00,00/00,01)
24,25	ECM system (00,00/00,01)
26,27	Pulse laser ([26]=80, [27]> 1=Front 2=Rear 4=Left 8=Right)
28,29	Beam laser (see 26,27)
2A,2B	Fuel Scoop (00,00/00,01)
2C,2D	Escape capsule (00,00/00,01)
2E,2F	Energy bomb (00,00/00,01)
30,31	Energy unit (00,00/00,01/00,02=Naval energy unit)
32,33	Docking computer (00,00/00,01)
34,35	Galactic hyperdrive (00,00/00,01)
36,37	Mining laser (see 26,27)
38,39	Military laser (see 26,27)
3A,3B	Retro rockets (00,00/00,01)
3C,3D	ECM jammer (00,00/00,01)
3E,3F	Cloaking device (00,00/00,01)
40-87	standard devices 4 bytes each in grams BINARY
88-8B	Unhappy refugees 4 bytes in grams
8C-8F	Thagoid documents 4 bytes in grams
90,91	Legal status (00,00=Legal <00,32=Offender >=00,32=Fugitive)
92-95	Score BINARY
96,97*	Rating ([96] is always 0, [97]> 0=Harmless 1= Mostly harmless
		2=Poor 3=Average 4=Above average 5=Competent
		6=Dangerous 7=Deadly 8=ELITE)
A4,A5	Seconds played
A6,A7	Minutes played
A8,A9	Hours played
AA,AB	Days played
AC-B7	Planets name ASCII terminated with 00
B8,B9	Cursor type
BA,BB	No of retro rockets fired (upto 5, then resets location [3A,3B]
		a value of 80,00 gives unlimited retro rockets)

All entries marked with * should not contain numbers other than the
described.
The fuel entry will cause an improper display of the local map if too
large. I guess a number up to ten (00,64) will cause no problems.

This list is not complete, but I have no access to my list with the full
description.

	UWE

--

Uwe Trebbien              trebbien@cbmger