[comp.sys.amiga.games] Blood money

nv89-rbi@nada.kth.se (Ron Birk) (05/25/90)

A new place to write....

So, have anybode beaten my high score on Bloodmoney??

I came to level four (And played all levels i right order.)

Ron Birk, nv89-rbi@nada.kth.se

SLMT9@cc.usu.edu (07/08/90)

	Hi there again.
	I will be brief but I can really use an answer to my question. What
I need is this. I have blood money(by psygnosis) and would really like to make
a backup copy of it. This is not I repeat not piracy just trying to protect an
investment in money. Does anyone out there know how to do this?!!?

	Joshua

TEW105@psuvm.psu.edu (10/12/90)

Blood Money is a great game but very difficult.  Just out of curiosity has anyo
ne ever finished the game?  Does anyone know that the $250 improvement does...
its right next to the faster speed in the shop and the insruction book
says something about improved efficiency... anyone know?
 L8R
HonuS
(tew105@psuvm.pus.edu)
Electric Dreams!

JREEVES@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Joseph Reeves) (10/12/90)

About Blood Money- I bought the game and can only get past the first board. As for the thing you can buy, I think it is an extra man, and if it isn't it replenishes the power into your ship.
		Joe Reeves
		jreeves@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu
		Go BUCKS!!!

tomer@fs09.dg.com (David Tomer) (10/13/90)

Hi,
   Actually, I just finished typing a reply about a cheat for this
game.  There are a couple of us who have finished the first two
worlds and are trying to get a cheat to let us play the other two
more easily.  So far, nothing.
                  POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD?
The $250 Norton Thunder Thru appears to do only one *very handy*
thing: it replentishes your shields.  It doesn't raise them higher
than 100%, but...  So, you can lose several lives' worth of shields
without losing *that* life, and you can keep those costly weapons
longer!  When I finally figured this out my scores shot right up,
because I didn't have to replace weapons - I could then buy life
with the extra money.
    Good Luck!

*  David M. Tomer           "What's so unpleasant about being     *
*  tomer@fs09.webo.dg.com   drunk?"  "You ask a glass of water."  *
*  (Data General Corp.)           - Douglas Adams, _THGTTG_       *
*  --- Disclaimer:  My company never agrees with me anyway. ---   *

diogenes@bbs.sbs.com (Diogenes) (10/15/90)

TEW105@psuvm.psu.edu writes:

> Blood Money is a great game but very difficult.  Just out of curiosity has an
> ne ever finished the game?  Does anyone know that the $250 improvement does..
> its right next to the faster speed in the shop and the insruction book
> says something about improved efficiency... anyone know?
>  L8R
> HonuS
> (tew105@psuvm.pus.edu)
> Electric Dreams!

That power increases your energy back up to full - so you can keep all your
weapons, and not die quite as soon...  Next to it, the ankh is the extra
life...  My friend and I have been playing blood money for a couple weeks
now, and we're almost at the end of the first level - it's an incredibly
difficult game!!!

v092mgp5@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Scott K Wood) (10/16/90)

In article <90284.221435TEW105@psuvm.psu.edu>, TEW105@psuvm.psu.edu writes...
>Blood Money is a great game but very difficult.  Just out of curiosity has anyo
>ne ever finished the game?  Does anyone know that the $250 improvement does...
>its right next to the faster speed in the shop and the insruction book
>says something about improved efficiency... anyone know?
> L8R

   Yep, I finished the game.  Though I did using a friend of mine's pirated
(SCREAM) version that had a cheat mode built into it.  The "bosses" at the end
of each level are cool, but the end of teh game is a complete let down.  It
basically says ,"You finished the game, GAME OVER".  You would think after
the incredible opening to the game, Psygnosis would have done something with
the FINALE.  Well, they didn't...

   Is there anyone out there that EVER finished the game with a cheat mode?
I honestly think it is IMPOSSIBLE, especially when you look at the higher
levels.

                                                 Scott
                                         BITNET : v092mgp5@UBVMS.BITNET
                                       INTERNET : v092mgp5@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edyu

>HonuS
>(tew105@psuvm.pus.edu)
>Electric Dreams!

ewing@se-sd.SanDiego.NCR.COM (David Ewing) (10/16/90)

How many screens are there on level one of Blood Money ?  By screen,
I mean where the game starts to force you to go up or down into the
next area.  I think I am close to finishing screen one, but for all
I know I'm only a third of the way through.

Thanks.

Dave Ewing                      "Act like a dumbshit and they'll
ewing@se-sd.sandiego.ncr.com     treat you like an equal."

cschan@carroll1.cc.edu (Craig C Schanning) (10/17/90)

>The "bosses" at the end
>of each level are cool, but the end of teh game is a complete let down.  It
>basically says ,"You finished the game, GAME OVER".  You would think after
>the incredible opening to the game, Psygnosis would have done something with
>the FINALE.  Well, they didn't...
>
>   Is there anyone out there that EVER finished the game with a cheat mode?
>I honestly think it is IMPOSSIBLE, especially when you look at the higher
>levels.
>
>                                                 Scott
>                                         BITNET : v092mgp5@UBVMS.BITNET
>                              NTERNET : v092mgp5@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edyu

Yes I did finish the game Blood Money without a cheat mode.  It
took me about a month.  I conqured it last January when I had a lot
more free time because of vacation.  The only hints I can really
remember, (besides to  play it alot so you know where to shoot before
the aliens appear on the screen), are
1)	Play by yourself.  You need all the money you can get.
2)	Always by the $100 weapons.  Both of them.  This is anonther
reason to play alone so that these are not sold out.  The other
weapons should always be considered secondary.
3) 	Have always at least 4 ships in storage.  This should be enough
to get you to the next shop to buy more weapons, if you should die.
4)	As you get better, you should have less fatal shots, so buy
a shield replenisher when you are low on shields and have good weapons.

Basic information about when I played.  You should be good enough
to roll your money purse over after completeing level one.  If your
money is under $1000, then your missing or wasting a lot of money.  Level
2 provides an even bigger money count.  Level 3 sucks.  Hardly any money
at all.  Level 4 I'm not to sure about?  I was too busy completeing
the level to worry about money.  On my winning game I did the boards
in the oreder of 1-4-2-3.  Do three last, when planning for a winning
game (no money).  Always play one first even when you just want to
practice on another level.  You must have money for special weapons
to complete this game.

About the ending, I don't think the ending is as boring as Scott says.
It's nothing spectacular, but it does have an small animated ending, unlike
Shadow of The Beast which I also won on without a cheat:-).

I know I probably just babbled about things you already know.  But thats
about all their is too it.  You just have to get good at the first 2 levels
so you can buy your way through level 3 and 4.   GOOD LUCK!!

*          Craig Schanning - cschan@carroll1.cc.edu           *
*    And the next thing you know,  ol' Jed's a millionaire    *

TEW105@psuvm.psu.edu writes:

>Blood Money is a great game but very difficult.  Just out of curiosity has anyo
>ne ever finished the game?  Does anyone know that the $250 improvement does...
>its right next to the faster speed in the shop and the insruction book
>says something about improved efficiency... anyone know?

I found this on a local BBS a while back. I haven't tried it so I can't tell
you how well it does. It's written in basic (sorry, I just found it, I didn't
write it!). Maybe some programmer can take it and convert it to a permenant
hack? Any way, It gives you unlimited lives. Here it is:

------------------------cut me hard-------------------------------------

---------------->>>>>> UNLIMITED LIVES FOR BLOOD MONEY <<<<<<<--------------

Amiga Version Only!!

Here it is! For those of you who just can't finish Blood Money. This program
will allow you to get unlimited lives for one or two plavers and finally
see the end of the Game. My thanks to everyone on GEnie who helped me fix
the problems in this Program.

Instructions:

1 Load Workbench 1.2
2 Run Amiga basic from DF0
3 Load and Run "BMPRG"
4 Now insert Blood Money disk #1 in DF0 then hit a key right away!
  You must hit a key before the drive starts to run or you will get a
  Read/Write error. If you do it fast enough, Disk #1 of Blood Money will
  Start to boot. Now you will have unlimited lives. Happy Plundering.

Need more info. Contact me on these Networks:

GEnie - T. Bousquet
PLINK - OES978
--------------------

10 REM infinite lives for both players
20 Plus=561925: Three=0: Spec=626
30 FOR x=518 TO 667 STEP 2
40 READ y$: z=VAL("&h"+y$)
50 Plus=Plus-z
60 POKEW x,z: Next x
70 IF Plus=Three THEN GOTO 80 ELSE PRINT "Data Error": END
80 PRINT "Insert BLOOD MONEY Disk in DFO"
90 PRINT "Press Any Key"
100 J$=INKEY$: IF J$="" THEN 100
110 CALL Spec
120 DATA 23FC,0000,0214,0003,0038,4EEC,000C,23FC
130 DATA 0000,0224,0007,DC4E,4EF9,0007,DBB8,23FC
140 DATA 0000,0234,0007,C40A,4EF9,0007,A120,21FC
150 DATA 4E71,4E71,3E2A,31FC,4E75,44D2,31FC,4E71
160 DATA 2C16,31FC,4E71,3172,21FC,4EB8,0268,067E
170 DATA 21FC,4752,4946,7E3E,31FC,4F20,7E42,4EF8
180 DATA 0400,0879,0001,00BF,E001,4E75,2C78,0004
190 DATA 2E3C,0003,0000,207C,00FE,88C0,43F8,00C0
200 DATA 303C,0145,12D8,51C8,FFFC,21FC,2007,4E71
210 DATA 0102,4EF8,00DE

----------------------------End-------------------------------------

--
John Sparks         |D.I.S.K. Public Access Unix System| Multi-User Games, Email
sparks@corpane.UUCP |PH: (502) 968-DISK 24Hrs/2400BPS  | Usenet, Chatting,

d89-rbi@dront.nada.kth.se (Ron Birk) (10/18/90)

About the Blood money talk:

When I played blood money (when it came), I succeed to come
to level four (after completed the first, second and the third
level). I got over 200,000 points, but then I got some bored,
but maybe I will start over again to complete the whole game?
(I played the original without any cheat at all!!)