[comp.sys.amiga.games] F18 Interceptor last mission problems

clark@cs.ubc.ca (Graeme Clark) (10/19/90)

Like many others, I was unable to complete the carrier sub mission
because I couldn't destroy the enemy sub/carrier.  I landed on it and fired
point blank into the tower, etc.  Seeing no explosions, I just put the
game aside and more or less forget about it.  Upon reading the recent
postings saying that it's sufficient just to hit the sub with a missile,
destroy the migs (& cruise missile, if present), and return to the
carrier, I went back to try and do this, and now for the life of me
I can't even find the darn carrier!  I seemed to recall it was up the
coast a little way, so I fly up there, encountering usually 3 MiGs and
a cruise missile, but no sign of the carrier.  Destroying the enemy planes
and the c.m. and returning to the carrier gets me re-armed and re-fuelled,
but that's all.  What do I do?  Where's the carrier?
--
Graeme Clark           clark@cs.ubc.ca

liberato@dri.com (Jimmy Liberato) (10/22/90)

clark@cs.ubc.ca (Graeme Clark) writes:

>... I went back to try and do this, and now for the life of me
>I can't even find the darn carrier! ... What do I do?  Where's the carrier?

It is carrier SUB after all.  :-) :-)  Are you saying it doesn't show up on the
map at all during the entire mission?

--
Jimmy Liberato   liberato@dri.com
                 ...uunet!drivax!liberato