[comp.sys.amiga.games] DM spell list ?

angst@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au (Angst) (10/18/90)

Vague pre-Dm memories of a DM spell list posted here continually emerge from
sub-conscious.  Can anyone furnish me with such a thing ?

Angst

---------------
The Moth: "GOOD LORD! TICK! You've been hit in the head by a ... by a meteor!!"
The Tick: "I can understand your amazement, Arthur. But believe me, the novelty
	   wears off after the first few times."
---------------

kuento@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (10/20/90)

In article <5278@uqcspe.cs.uq.oz.au>, angst@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au (Angst) writes:
> Vague pre-Dm memories of a DM spell list posted here continually emerge from
> sub-conscious.  Can anyone furnish me with such a thing ?
>
> Angst

Well, I have such a list, but it seems to me it would be poor
etiquette to *post* it, true? I mean, there is something to be said
for discovering things on one's own, and some folks might not like
such a spoiler thrust into the Net...then again, if no one objects...
    Incidentally, at least the Atari version of Chaos Strikes Back
does *not* have any new spells :-(, so the Master Spell List for DM
will serve you faithfully therein. For spell list freaks out there, I
can also assure you that there is a scroll *somewhere* describing each
DM spell. How do I know? I tried every single combination of spell
syllables possible, and all the functional ones matched those listed
on the scrolls. Sure it took a long time, but how else was I to be
sure that I'd found all the scrolls available? One thing I wouldn't
mind hearing from someone is: did anyone ever find a situation in
which the Lightning spell (or Storm Ring/Bolt Blade) was better than
just a plain old Fireball? If not, why does that spell exist??

Doug Yanega  (Bitnet: beeman@ukanvm)

IO92257@MAINE.BITNET (10/21/90)

Lightning dosn't fade out like fireballs do. Therefore
it is better at long range...
-Cutter

pdt@mullauna.cs.mu.OZ.AU (Peter David THOMPSON) (10/22/90)

Re: Lightening vs. Fireball in DM

I have a DM freak friend who says that lightening is better for armoured
enemies.. eg the Kinght on level 12? 13?

This is hearsay evidence & is not to be treated too seriously.