[comp.sys.amiga.games] HAM Games

mikep@hpmwtd.HP.COM (Mike Powell) (10/10/90)

	I've seen A10.... no biggie.  It fly's o.k. and it works on the
	3000.... but the mouse control is a joke, and the plane just
	handles wrong.... not too bad, but just not worth going crazy over.

	BTW, what does it mean "$20 markup! Who are they kidding?"

	-MP-

critical.mass@pro-graphics.cts.com (Peter Altamore) (10/16/90)

On 12 Oct 90 21:40:11 GMT dve@zooid.UUCP (David Mason) writes:

>I don't know of any games (especially arcade type) that have the actual game
>play in 4096 colour mode. It would be too slow.

You sound like a person who's never played Pioneer Plague.  This is a HAM
arcade/adventure game that is colorful and FAST.  I haven't seen another
game on *ANY* other machine that can match this one for the sheer amount of
color on the play screen at one time.  It's quite amazing and available
from Antic Publishing for $39.95.

>Relax, though.. the VGA can display more colours but it's not too fast at it
>so VGA games tend to have as few objects as possible moving on the screen
>(and as small as possible).

GET PIONEER PLAGUE and make your VGA buddies weep...

      UUCP: crash!pro-graphics!critical.mass    | Critical Mass Software
  ARPA/DDN: pro-graphics!critical.mass@nosc.mil | P.O. Box 23
  Internet: critical.mass@pro-graphics.cts.com  | Short Hills, NJ 07078

dve@zooid.UUCP (David Mason) (10/19/90)

critical.mass@pro-graphics.cts.com (Peter Altamore) writes:

> GET PIONEER PLAGUE and make your VGA buddies weep...

Ok.. but does PIONEER PLAGUE support full-screen scrolling, and large
characters moving on the screen? That's what the trend is nowadays (more
realism) and that's what the Amiga can do better than the PC...

I own both an Amiga and a 386 and I have respect for the abilities of both
machines. That's because I've used both.

IO92257@MAINE.BITNET (10/24/90)

HAM not fast?  Well, folks, I have also heard that
HAM displays take up a lot of processor time, but
Pioneer Plague is most definitely the fastest game
on ANY computer, bar none!  The music and action
on this game is so fast that I have to stop playing
before my heart explodes!
HAM mode can not only move, it can SCREAM!  And that
is on a 68000 7.16 Mhz Amiga, folks...
I'll take 4096 out of 4096 over 256 out of 256,000
any day!
By the way does anyone know which keys to press to
program the drones in Pioneer Plague?
-Cutter, who knows a bitplane when he sees one!