[comp.sys.amiga.games] MechForce and other downloaded programs

BSJ100@psuvm.psu.edu (10/22/90)

Okay, I've got two questions. First, I've downloaded MechForce, put everything
into it's directories, and evengot it to load, but it locks up.It took me
forever to get the disk right, having to move this here and that there. Has
anyone gotten this game to work correctly?? If so,  please tell me how you did
it.
Next, isthere a way to de-archive a file and keep the directory structure?? I
want to de-arc Rogue, but I don't feel like moving everything to where it is
supposed to be. Do the archivers do this on their own?
Thanks for the help.
-- Rick

dave@aquarium.buffalo.ny.us (David R. Tyler) (10/23/90)

>In article <90295.121356BSJ100@psuvm.psu.edu> BSJ100@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>Okay, I've got two questions. First, I've downloaded MechForce, put everything
>into it's directories, and evengot it to load, but it locks up.It took me
>forever to get the disk right, having to move this here and that there. Has
>anyone gotten this game to work correctly?? If so,  please tell me how you did
>it.

 yes. it works ok.... we had some problems (my roomie managed to lock up
  the system (he assumes he locked just workbench, but i think the point
  is moot :) ) but it works fine. I LOVE that Mouse Pointer, and i may
  just steal it!

 unfortunately, why bother getting it? i didnt play around with it
 (my roomie did) but it appears to be identical to the previous BATTLEFORCE
 distribution (i havent compared authors yet, as i don't know where i have
  BFORCE dl'ed.., are they the same? (it could be BATTLETECH instead of
  FORCE, but you know what i mean :) )

 inside the program, it was identical (so sayeth my roomie)  so if you have
  the one previous release, don't bother with this one...

>Next, isthere a way to de-archive a file and keep the directory structure?? I
>want to de-arc Rogue, but I don't feel like moving everything to where it is
>supposed to be. Do the archivers do this on their own?
>Thanks for the help.
>-- Rick

 yes, but it depends on the archiver..

 with zoo it is zoo e// (for extract full paths)
 lharc -x x (for consider extended paths)

  this of course presumes that the paths are stored inside the
   archives...	:)

  hope this helps,  i hope i don't sound too awful!
--

 David R. Tyler        //\\	       Tyler33@Snybufva.Bitnet
The Amiga Aquarium \\ //==\\	   dave@aquarium.buffalo.ny.us

IO92257@MAINE.BITNET (10/24/90)

MechForce is Shareware by Ralph Reed, and it is awesome,
if you are into FASA's BattleTech.  The newer versions
have bug fixes in them, which is nice.  I use two floppies
to get mine working, and assign all the data files to
the data disk.  If you want to ask Ralph a question, (he
is working on a commercial version that is supposed to
come out in fall of '91) give the sysop of the Hobbit Hole
BBS, (904)243-6219 phone  a call, or contact him on the
'net at JONES AT UV4.EGLIN.AF.MIL  Mr. Jones runs an
excellent BBS, and is very helpful.  I'm sure if you sent
him a note, he might be able to pass it on to Ralph.
-Cutter