[comp.sys.amiga.games] Comparison ...

nad@tegra.COM (Nancy Durgin) (10/25/90)

In article <32496@auc.UUCP> rar@auc.UUCP (Rodney Ricks) writes:
>In article <34319@nigel.ee.udel.edu> fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu writes:
>>As I said before, I want M.U.L.E. for the AMIGA!
>
>So do I!

So do I!

> [ List of requirements for Amiga version ]

I want a version of M.U.L.E. that plays exactly like the original
(Atari 800 version, in my case).  I don't care if they enhance the
graphics or any of that stuff (though how much extra effort could it
take?), but the algorithms for the play must be the same, as that is
what makes the game great.  Oh, and the sound effects are pretty
important to the game play, as well.

Enhancements would be fine, as long as there is a "compatibility mode"
where everything works like the original...

I wish all my games were HD-installable, not copy-protected, etc.  But I
will settle for it just running on my A3000 under 2.0.

The main reason I want an Amiga version is so I can retire my Atari 800,
whose only purpose in life at this point is to play M.U.L.E.

The problem with any 3rd party writing it (other than someone with
sanctioned access to the original source and algorithms) is that they'll
never get all the timing and probabilities just right.  I'll be able to
tell!  (I'm *very* familiar with this game...).

		Nancy

Nancy Durgin          | (Usual disclaimers | Tegra-Varityper, Inc.
tegra!nad@uunet.com   | apply...)          | Billerica, Massachusetts

amiga@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Paul) (10/25/90)

I want M.U.L.E. also. I would like some Enhancements though.

Amiga@walt.utexas.edu	                   .....Paul......

I like boats, their healthier than valium.
					Cost more tho.