[comp.sys.amiga.games] Pinball review anyone?

robert@hubcap.clemson.edu (Robert Reynolds) (10/30/90)

Well, I've been waiting for a review of the Karmasoft pinball
construction set, but I guess it's so good everybody's busy playing it!
I know someone posted offering information, but none of the reply
addresses I tried worked.  So, would that person, or any other owner of
the game please post (or mail me) a review?  Thanks!
--
Robert Reynolds                 inet: robert@hubcap.clemson.edu
CS Dept, Clemson Univ.    	uucp: ... !gatech!hubcap!robert

nad@tegra.COM (Nancy Durgin) (10/30/90)

In article <11250@hubcap.clemson.edu> robert@hubcap.clemson.edu (Robert Reynolds) writes:
>Well, I've been waiting for a review of the Karmasoft pinball
>construction set, but I guess it's so good everybody's busy playing it!
>I know someone posted offering information, but none of the reply
>addresses I tried worked.  So, would that person, or any other owner of
>the game please post (or mail me) a review?  Thanks!

I was going to post a flaming review on this game, but then I heard
that there was a bug fix version available, so I've ordered the update,
and will hold my flames until then.

I will say, since I doubt this will change, that there were two features
I was disppointed to find missing:

1) No multiball feature.
2) You can only have two flippers, at the bottom of the machine.  It picks
   the size and location when you setup a new game, and that's it.

Since most modern games have multi-balls and multi-flippers, and geez,
Pinball COnstruction Set had them, I was really disappointed to find them
missing from Power Pinball.

            Nancy

Nancy Durgin          | (Usual disclaimers | Tegra-Varityper, Inc.
tegra!nad@uunet.com   | apply...)          | Billerica, Massachusetts