[comp.sys.amiga.games] Bards Tale 1 help?

kiniry@gauss.Berkeley.EDU (Joe Kiniry) (10/29/90)

In article <03696.@avignon.gbdt.oz.au>,
Dave@avignon.gbdt.oz.au (Dave Moore) writes:

|> I'm currently in harkons castle, with the eye.  I've looked just about
|> everywhere and can't find the statue of the mad god!  The only place (that I
|> can think of) that I haven't explored is the room full of teleport traps.
|> (Bottom right corner on my map).  Anyone want to give me a hint?

   Yup, that's where the statue is, the far east side of that room,

      ***************************      where * is wall and T are twisters
      *                  T T T  *      and S is the statue, at least this is
      *                  T T T S*      what I remember, I solved it years ago.
      *                  T T T  *
      ***************************

|> Oh yeah, two of my mages are carrying "brooms" which when used cast a spell.
|> Don't know what the spell does though.  Didn't seem to affect the teleport
|> traps when I tried it.
   Brooms, when used, levitate your party.  You can float up holes, over pits,
   etc.

|> Last thing.  Does anyone know of a patch to get this game working on a hard
|> disk?  It'd be a real nice speed improvement if it could load the
graphics from
|> a faster medium..  (Working with fast ram would be nice as well)
   I don't know about this one.  I just put my copy of Bard's Tale II on
my
   hard disk, but I havn't tried BTI, I'll tell if I have time.

|> 	Dave.	&Come on, SOMEONE has to know the answers!&

   Sorry, I guess I should just give _hints_. :^)

=====
|> 	Dave Moore               |
|>                                  |shift it to the left, shift it to
the right
|>  EMail: Dave@avignon.gbdt.oz.au  |    push down, pop up, byte byte
byte!
|>   Disclaimer: Of course these are just my opinions, whose else should
I post?

Joseph Kiniry

Dave@avignon.gbdt.oz.au (Dave Moore) (10/30/90)

Yeah, I know it's old, and that dungeon master is better, etc, but I'd really
like to finish this game!

(Possible spoilers ahead - you have been warned!)

hclausen@adspdk.UUCP (Henrik Clausen) (10/31/90)

In article <1990Oct29.103811@gauss.Berkeley.EDU>, Joe Kiniry writes:

> In article <03696.@avignon.gbdt.oz.au>,
> Dave@avignon.gbdt.oz.au (Dave Moore) writes:
> |> Last thing.  Does anyone know of a patch to get this game working on a hard
> |> disk?  It'd be a real nice speed improvement if it could load the graphics
> |> from a faster medium..  (Working with fast ram would be nice as well)

   My suggestion is to insert an 'AddBuffers df0: 600' command in
Startup-Sequence, the exact figure depending on available chip ram. This
works very well for several other games as well, and avoids cluttering your
HD. Do put the AddBuffers command on the disk as well.

   BTW, this was on a copy of the copy protected _original_ - HD
installation may be hard with BT1 due to the protection.

                                               -Henrik

|         Henrik Clausen, Graffiti Data  (for i=0; *Text[i]; i++)        |
|           ...{pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!cbmehq!adspdk!hclausen           |
\__"Do not accept the heart that is the slave to reason" - Qawwali trad__/