[comp.sys.amiga.games] Best Basketball Game for Amy ?

dlj@hpfcdc.HP.COM (David Jobusch) (10/30/90)

So, what _is_ the best 5 on 5 basketball game for the Amiga?

What I'd really like to get is the arcade basketball game that
allows the players to punch (yes punch) on defense. It is
hilarious!

         ___        Dave Jobusch
        /  /        OSSD/UNIX Development Lab
HEWLETT/hp/PACKARD  68K Kernel Team
      /__/          dlj@hpfcls.hp.com

mhenders@draco.unm.edu (Stinger) (10/31/90)

	Well, TV Sports Basketball for the Amiga is really good with one
exception. This exception is the same as the exception for TV Sports Football:
You will either always be terrible and hate the game, or you will become so
proficient that the game becomes way too easy and you'll go undefeated every
season. Nonetheless, the graphics and audio are great, it has nice touches
like stats and an ongoing season w/ playoffs and the whole bit, as well as the
cute little pre and post game shows. All-in-all a well done game.
	Another good one is the Omni-Play BBall. It has data disks which
change the game completely. For example, the game comes as a horizontally
scrolling game where you do little controlling of your players, more coaching.
The first data disk changes to vertical scrolling and complete control of
the ball handling players. For the most part a good game but it is VERY
difficult to play (at least for me) and the graphics are pretty sad. It is a
decently realistic game tho'.

--
(*  ///                   ( demo freak             )                   *)
(*  \\\tinger             { mhenders@hydra.unm.edu }                   *)

kaufmads@clutx.clarkson.edu (Dana S. Kaufman,TEP House,58520,) (10/31/90)

The game you are thinking of is Archrival Basketball.  Great game.
Otherwise known as Basketbrawl.  The defense is punching out the
opposing player and when you run down the sidelines, the cheer-leaders
try to trip you.  In the arcade, at colleges they set it up so your
school players your biggest rival school.

Another game I wish was out on the Amiga is Super Dodgeball.
That's an awesome game.

Dana S. Kaufman
kaufmads@clutx.clarkson.edu

jcfst@unix.cis.pitt.edu (John C. Fossum) (10/31/90)

In article <29070001@hpfcdc.HP.COM>, dlj@hpfcdc.HP.COM (David Jobusch) writes:
> So, what _is_ the best 5 on 5 basketball game for the Amiga?
>
> What I'd really like to get is the arcade basketball game that
> allows the players to punch (yes punch) on defense. It is
> hilarious!
>
>          ___        Dave Jobusch

     Well, I haven't seen one that punches (what are you looking for,
basketball, hockey, or boxing?) but have seen one that offers a punch,
and that is TV Sports Basketball. The graphics are superb, which is
a given with Cinemaware, and the game play is great, fast, and realistic;
down to fouls, slams, alley-oops, time-clocks, player substitutions,
fatigue levels, defining players,...the works! Highly recommend it if
you are looking for THE Amiga basketball game.

-Steve M. Suhy-

brian@sky.COM (Brian Pelletier) (11/01/90)

In article <1990Oct30.181908.1829@ariel.unm.edu> mhenders@draco.unm.edu (Stinger) writes:

>	Well, TV Sports Basketball for the Amiga is really good with one
>exception. This exception is the same as the exception for TV Sports Football:
>You will either always be terrible and hate the game, or you will become so
>proficient that the game becomes way too easy and you'll go undefeated every

Actually, if you win the championship and keep the same team for the next
season, the game gets *much* harder.  I went undefeated, won the championship,
and almost gave up on the game.  But the docs mentioned that the rest of the
league would be gunning for the league champ the following year, so I started
another season.  What a difference!  I'm about .500 right now, and it doesn't
look like I'll even make the playoffs!

IMHO, this is the best Bball game for Amy at the moment.  Running from the
hard disk makes it even better....

| Brian Pelletier            Disclaimer: These are MY opinions, not SKY's.|
| Sky Computer                                                            |
| UUCP - brian@sky.com (work)   pelletier@grove.UUCP (home)               |