[comp.sys.amiga.games] F-16 Falcon : Mission Disk #2

sanders@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Robert M Sanders) (10/31/90)

Howdy y'all,
   I've seen several references in both csa and csag about a second
mission disk for Falcon, and have a couple of questions....

1)  Will Spectrum HoloByte (SHB) do as they did with the first mission
    disk, and offer a mail order for a somewhat reduced price (admitted
    with an upgrade on the basic Falcon game)?

2)  If not, (or even if so), when will it be shipping?

3)  What's new on it!!

   Any answers would be muchly appreciated.

						Rob

bryan@intvax.UUCP (Jon R Bryan) (10/31/90)

From article <6982@vax1.acs.udel.EDU>, by sanders@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Robert M Sanders):
> Howdy y'all,
>    I've seen several references in both csa and csag about a second
> mission disk for Falcon, and have a couple of questions....
>
> 1)  Will Spectrum HoloByte (SHB) do as they did with the first mission
>     disk, and offer a mail order for a somewhat reduced price (admitted
>     with an upgrade on the basic Falcon game)?

Yes, I got a flyer from them offering the mission disks (did you send in
your registration?).  Can't remember how much they were asking.

> 2)  If not, (or even if so), when will it be shipping?

I bought a copy last Thursday at my local dealer.

> 3)  What's new on it!!

Helicopters, HARM missiles and Sparrow missiles (it's great to blow
those MiGs out of the sky from twenty miles away!).  The helicopters are
_rather_ high performance, I must say (anybody know a real helicopter
than can do an Immelman?), but loads of fun.  The display update seems a
wee bit faster than Mission Counterstrike, which was faster than Falcon.
Some intermittent graphics trash that I noticed on Falcon and
Counterstrike have mostly been dealt with.  I still get a 5 scan line
high band of garbage across the instrument panel on my A1000 with a meg
of Inboard memory at $C00000 (and out the rear view as well).  That's
been there since Falcon.  The controls seem a bit smoother.  I think the
enemy pilots are "smarter".

What's gone is the Black Box and modem play.  I miss the Box, but never
tried playing with someone else via modem.

--
Jon R. Bryan	<=>	bryan@intvax.UUCP
Sandia National Laboratories

brad@nro.cs.athabascau.ca (11/03/90)

sanders@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Robert M Sanders) writes:

> Howdy y'all,

G'day...

>    I've seen several references in both csa and csag about a second
> mission disk for Falcon, and have a couple of questions....
>
> 1)  Will Spectrum HoloByte (SHB) do as they did with the first mission
>     disk, and offer a mail order for a somewhat reduced price (admitted
>     with an upgrade on the basic Falcon game)?
>
> 2)  If not, (or even if so), when will it be shipping?

It's shipping NOW. I've seen European and US copies in the Edmonton
(Alberta, Canada, eh?) area. Hot stuff!!

> 3)  What's new on it!!

Lesee...Air to Air Bomber Intercepts! Take out a pair of MiG 27's with
MiG 21 escort. M-1 and T-80 Tanks. Better designed scenery. New
weaponry. Onboard ECM (No more adding an ALQ pod).

We lost the BlackBox and Modem feature though.

>    Any answers would be muchly appreciated.

No problem...

> 						Rob

Brad