[comp.sys.amiga.games] Where is the EA building in F-18 Interceptor?

jbn35564@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (J.B. Nicholson) (11/01/90)

Where is the EA building in F-18 Interceptor?  I hear that that is the only
destructable building in F-18.  I'd like to see something really blow up in
F-18, now I have to boot up Falcon to see things really explode.

BTW-Any plans for an F-18/Interceptor II?  They could release 68030/882
versions (or a version for people with faster processors and/or math co-
processors), and more battle arenas, and all kinds of new stuff...

Jeff

| "Earth destroyed by solar flare.  Film at eleven"  - The last nightly news.|
| jeffo@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu             These opinions are mine, that's all.|

MBS110@psuvm.psu.edu (11/02/90)

In article <1990Nov1.001315.6211@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, jbn35564@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
(J.B. Nicholson) says:

>Where is the EA building in F-18 Interceptor?  I hear that that is the only
>destructable building in F-18.  I'd like to see something really blow up in
>F-18, now I have to boot up Falcon to see things really explode.

I'd like to know this, too; I've heard a lot about it. If you know
please mail. BTW, one nice thing I've noticed is if you fire missiles
into the ground, or into buildings, or into the carrier... You set the
area on fire! A pillar of smoke rises from the point where the missile
hit. This attention to detail is one of the best things about F-18.

>BTW-Any plans for an F-18/Interceptor II?  They could release 68030/882
>versions (or a version for people with faster processors and/or math co-
>processors), and more battle arenas, and all kinds of new stuff...

I doubt they are, but wouldn't it be nice? (EA -- Are you listening?
There's a LOT of demand for F-18 II out here!)

/Mark "Remixed for Common Household Appliances" Sachs - MBS110@psuvm.psu.edu\
|DISCLAIMER? You've GOT to be kidding, right?           ||   // AMIGA   ||  |
|   "Haven't they heard we won the war?                 || \X/  Power   ||  |
\== "What do they keep on fighting for?" -- B. Joel, LENINGRAD =============/

martijn@dnlunx.pttrnl.nl (Reinalda M.) (11/02/90)

MBS110@psuvm.psu.edu writes:

>>BTW-Any plans for an F-18/Interceptor II?  They could release 68030/882
>>versions (or a version for people with faster processors and/or math co-
>>processors), and more battle arenas, and all kinds of new stuff...

>I doubt they are, but wouldn't it be nice? (EA -- Are you listening?
>There's a LOT of demand for F-18 II out here!)

Yeah, and how about HAWK ?? I thought that would be the follow-up of
F/A-18 Interceptor. I saw some pretty pictures of it (Real-time hills and
mountains etc.), thay said it would be finished around last summer.
How about that, E.C.A ????

  ** IBM? Is that Amiga compatible ? ** E-mail : martijn@DNLUNX.UUCP **

lindblad@cc.helsinki.fi (11/03/90)

> Yeah, and how about HAWK ?? I thought that would be the follow-up of
> F/A-18 Interceptor. I saw some pretty pictures of it (Real-time hills and
> mountains etc.), thay said it would be finished around last summer.
> How about that, E.C.A ????

HAWK is not the sequel to F/A-18 Interceptor. I can't remember the name of the
sequel, but Bop Dinnerman made it to IBM. And it's now being transformed into
Amiga format by an English team of which name I also can't remember. This game
should have F-14 in addition to F-18 and F-16 and 32 missions and more depth
and also a bit more realism (fortunately not as much as totally unplayable
Falcon has).