[comp.sys.amiga.games] Killing Game Show - NOT A-3000 compatible!

djh@neuromancer.metaphor.com (Dallas J. Hodgson) (11/01/90)

In article <15477@venera.isi.edu> schur@venera.isi.edu (Sean Schur) writes:
>In article <90302.125905DEB110@psuvm.psu.edu> DEB110@psuvm.psu.edu (Doug Bischoff) writes:
>>
>>     Is this game playable on an Amiga 3000?  Anybody?  It sounds excellent!
>
>YES. One of the Few Psygnosis games that is.

>Sean Schur
>
>USENET: schur@isi.edu
>Compuserve: 70731,1102
>Plink: OSS259

No it's not. It was Psygnosis' intent to make it so, according to Psygnosis'
Ken Homer, but on may A-3000's (including mine) it fails. On some the copper
lists get screwed, on mine it won't boot at all. Psygnosis is aware of this
and (hopefully) they'll do something about it.
| Dallas J. Hodgson               |     "This here's the wattle,             |
| Metaphor Computer Systems       |      It's the emblem of our land.        |
| Mountain View, Ca.              |      You can put it in a bottle,         |
| USENET : djh@metaphor.com       |      You can hold it in your hand."      |
+============================================================================+
| "The views I express are my own, and not necessarily those of my employer" |

schur@isi.edu (Sean Schur) (11/06/90)

In article <1714@metaphor.Metaphor.COM> djh@neuromancer.metaphor.com (Dallas J. Hodgson) writes:
>In article <15477@venera.isi.edu> schur@venera.isi.edu (Sean Schur) writes:
>>In article <90302.125905DEB110@psuvm.psu.edu> DEB110@psuvm.psu.edu (Doug Bischoff) writes:
>>>
>>>     Is this game playable on an Amiga 3000?  Anybody?  It sounds excellent!
>>
>>YES. One of the Few Psygnosis games that is.
>>
>>==============================================================================
>
>No it's not. It was Psygnosis' intent to make it so, according to Psygnosis'
>Ken Homer, but on may A-3000's (including mine) it fails. On some the copper
>lists get screwed, on mine it won't boot at all. Psygnosis is aware of this
>and (hopefully) they'll do something about it.

Sorry, but it does work on MY 3000.

Sean Schur		       \   \  /      /
USENET: schur@isi.edu		 \  /a\mpyr/
Compuserve: 70731,1102		  \/   \  / ideo
Plink: OSS259				\/