[comp.sys.amiga.games] What's the deal with the Drakken Hint book?

chymes@zurich.csmil.umich.edu (Charles Hymes) (11/06/90)

Where can one get the Drakken hint book?
Is the thing a dumb walk-through like the makers of Shadowgate, DeJa
Vu, Uninvited etc, as criptic and useless as the one for the Colour
out of Space, or some happy medium?
Is it for sale at stores, mail order, or just from DataSoft?
Go ahead an post to the net, there is probably enough interest.

Charlweed Hymerfan

rms@gorf.UUCP (Roger M. Shimada) (11/06/90)

In article <1990Nov5.213748.17633@csmil.umich.edu> chymes@zurich.csmil.umich.edu (Charles Hymes) writes:
>Where can one get the Drakken hint book?

My girlfriend found it at this place called The Electronic
Botique (pretty good prices for a local store).  The hint book
is made by Data East, so I would hope dealers that already
sell Drakken would have enough sense to order it...if they
know about it.

>Is the thing a dumb walk-through [..] useless [..]
>or some happy medium?

Well, this is the first hint book I've ever looked at, so I
don't have anything to compare it against.  No, it's not a
walk-through, and no, it's not useless - it does assume you
have some ideas of your own.

--
Roger M. Shimada		rms@gorf.mn.org -or- rms@gorf.sialis.com
				(Whichever works for you!  :-()