[comp.sys.amiga.games] Loom.. A waste of money!

J56QC@CUNYVM.BITNET (11/02/90)

Well hello.... If are thinking about getting LOOM for the amiga don't... The gr
phics are slow and are of IBM Pee Cee quality... the game is extremely easy to
lay.. I was disappointed this this program.. It has a nice story to it but that
 SCUMM story system needs to be rewritten for the amiga...Please don't get angr
 at me if you happen to disagree.. I'm just warning those of you who don't have
the program yet....

dw3w+@andrew.cmu.edu (Database Work) (11/03/90)

I was very impressed by the game Loom.  I would suggest it to anyone who
enjoys Sierra games like Space Quest.  It had excellent music, and unlike
Sierra games, the scrren scrolled when you walked.  Granted it isn't
'amigafied' but it is still an excellent game and one I feel is worthwhile
to play.

Ryan Newman
dw3w@andrew.cmu.edu

kgs@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Kok G Sang) (11/03/90)

In article <90306.092617J56QC@CUNYVM.BITNET> J56QC@CUNYVM.BITNET writes:
>Well hello.... If are thinking about getting LOOM for the amiga don't... The gr
>phics are slow and are of IBM Pee Cee quality... the game is extremely easy to
>lay.. I was disappointed this this program.. It has a nice story to it but that
> SCUMM story system needs to be rewritten for the amiga...Please don't get angr
> at me if you happen to disagree.. I'm just warning those of you who don't have
>the program yet....

Well, I liked it. The graphics and sounds could be improved, but the story
and play time are great. Personally I'm glad they made this program, it
shows that good quality play doesn't have to mean hacking and shooting aliens,
and besides, you do need thinking to pass some of the puzzles. A great program
for a beginner adventurer.

-Kok

                                                                          /
                                                           \             / /
___________________________________________________________ \\\' ,      / //
                                                             \\\//,   _/ //,
"Kirk to Enterprise - beam down yeoman Rand and a 6-pack."    \_-//' /  //<,
         __  __                                                 \ ///  <//`
        / / / / Amiga: The Power to be your best.              /  >>  \\\`__/_
   __ _/ / / /       - Buy one. It isn't just a good idea,    /,)-^>> _\` \\\
   \ \/ /\/ /          it's the law!                          (/   \\ //\\
    \/_/\/_/    kgs@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu                        // _//\\\\
--------------------------------------------------------------- ((` ((

david@starsoft.UUCP (Dave Lowrey) (11/04/90)

In article <90306.092617J56QC@CUNYVM.BITNET>, J56QC@CUNYVM.BITNET writes:

> Well hello.... If are thinking about getting LOOM for the amiga don't... The gr
> phics are slow and are of IBM Pee Cee quality... the game is extremely easy to
> lay.. I was disappointed this this program.. It has a nice story to it but that
>  SCUMM story system needs to be rewritten for the amiga...Please don't get angr
>  at me if you happen to disagree.. I'm just warning those of you who don't have
> the program yet....

I agree...I finished the game in one night, and it cost me $50.00 to buy
it!

LucasFilm Games usually does an excellent job with it's games. However
this time they produced a dud.

Like the man said, the story line is neat, but the game just doesn't
work well.

Stick to Zak McKracken or Maniac Manison. They are both great games.

These words be mine. The company doesn't care, because I am the company! :-)

      Dave Lowrey        |  david@starsoft or {uhnix1,moray}!starsoft!david
Starbound Software Group |
      Houston, TX        | "Dare to be stupid!" -- Weird Al Yankovic

farren@well.sf.ca.us (Mike Farren) (11/07/90)

dw3w+@andrew.cmu.edu (Database Work) writes:
>I was very impressed by the game Loom.  I would suggest it to anyone who
>enjoys Sierra games like Space Quest.  It had excellent music, and unlike
>Sierra games, the scrren scrolled when you walked.  Granted it isn't
>'amigafied' but it is still an excellent game and one I feel is worthwhile
>to play.

Note that Lucasfilm is looking for someone to do their Amiga versions.
If they get someone good, perhaps their newer games will be more "Amiga
Friendly".  (Yes, I am applying for this job...)

--
Mike Farren 				     farren@well.sf.ca.us