[comp.sys.amiga.games] Supremacy : the computer is beating me! HELP!!!

frits@duttnph.tudelft.nl (Frits Kuijlman) (11/08/90)

Supremacy is a game in which you must conquer several planets. You begin
at one side of the universe and the computer opponent at the other side.
There are four levels of difficulty, and which each level your opponent
gets better and you have to take more resources into account.
You can levy taxes, create mining and food plants and solar energy
generators plus some transport and battle ships. When you have enough
money and you have enough trained men you can create platoons by
equipping them with several types of armor and arms, which can be very
expensive wheen you want the best.

In succeeded in winning the first level by creating one planet with
food and people(for taxes = money) and one planet for mining(fuel).
Then I built three battle ships, filled them with the best troops
money can buy, and sent them to the enemy base. I wiped him out.

In the second level this strategy did not work. When I sent the army to
the enemy base it was about as strong as the enemy. However war did
not go as smooth as before and my army lost. An additional problem was
that the ships used up all fuel getting there, so they could not leave
and occupied the landing bays at the enemy base until I invented a
nuclear drive. This prevented me from landing more troops there.
Also, It seemed to me that the enemy regained its strength faster than
i did, so when I had another army ready he was also again at full strength.
The computer won because he kept hammering away at me with fresh troops,
so I lost more troops than I could create. I lost very sloooowly!!!

Has anybody played this game? If so, do you have some hints for a strategy
that might give better results than I described above. Should I try to
create or occupy more planets before attacking the enemy base? This does
seen very expensive to me in troops and money to defend all of them.

Mail me or post your answer.
I need help badly, because i want to play this game to the highest level(4)
and I don't want to get stuck at level 2.

HELP!!!!!

Thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks,
Frits
--
Frits Kuijlman                     frits @ duttnph.tudelft.nl
Delft University of Technology                The Netherlands

frits@duttnph.tudelft.nl (Frits Kuijlman) (11/13/90)

I am posting this for the second time, since I got no answers the first time.
It probably got eaten by our mailer...

ovb10@cs.kun.nl (Patrick Atoon) (11/13/90)

frits@duttnph.tudelft.nl (Frits Kuijlman) writes:

>I am posting this for the second time, since I got no answers the first time.
>It probably got eaten by our mailer...

No, it got here alright...

>[...Explanation of Supremacy...]
>I succeeded in winning the first level by creating one planet with
>food and people(for taxes = money) and one planet for mining(fuel).
>Then I built three battle ships, filled them with the best troops
>money can buy, and sent them to the enemy base. I wiped him out.

>In the second level this strategy did not work.
> [...sad story of second level attempt...]

>                                                         Should I try to
>create or occupy more planets before attacking the enemy base? This does
>seen very expensive to me in troops and money to defend all of them.

But it might just help. Many planets with lots of inhabitants will get you
more money (to equip more state-of-the-art platoons).
I don't occupy too much planets, just enough to fulfill my needs for food
and fuel. On every planet I put 4 platoons with state-of-the-art equipment
and a 5 star general training. That will keep the enemy from occupying the
planet, since your strength will be about 7000, while his attacking forces
strength will be about 1000 or lower. After this stage, you can expand
slowly (not too many planets at once). Try to let all the battle-cruisers
meet above the enemy-planet with as much troops as you have (10 or more
will do) and let them fight the battle at the Enemy base.

(B.T.W.: I recently found out that you can train platoons simultaneously,
 why didn't I think of this before?!?)

Well, now you've heard my stategy in this --> GREAT <-- game, if not one
of the greatest since Millenium (Though I haven't seen MULE or PARADROID 90
yet...). Hope it helps you out,
                           Patrick

>Frits Kuijlman                     frits @ duttnph.tudelft.nl
>Delft University of Technology                The Netherlands

| Patrick Atoon           |  "READY.                  |
| University of Nijmegen  |   ?OUT OF DATA ERROR."    |
| E-mail: ovb10@cs.kun.nl |                      C=64 |