[comp.sys.amiga.games] Simcity

gunda@cbmehq.UUCP (Gunda O'Neal ESCO) (08/03/90)

Some time ago somebody posted the key commands about how to
evaluate the current status of a special area.
Could this nice person please e-mail this to me once more ?

Danke !
--
Gunda O'Neal, Assistant
Commodore European Support & Coordination Office (ESCO)

drd@cec2.wustl.edu (Dave Donat) (10/25/90)

I have had a city going for quite some time now, and it seems to be stagnating.
I have been hovering around 320,000 people for over 100 years, and the main
problem always is pollution.  All of my industry is pushed against the sides of
the main map, and on the pollution map, none of the pollution is creeping over
any residential.  My question is, how does one get rid of pollution?  Just as a
point of reference, on the pollution map, I have nothing worse than bright red
(except for one block of grey at the center of my airport, but I doubt much
can be done about that.  Any suggestions?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------  | Dave Donat                   |                                             |
| Interactive Fiction Buff     | "To be, is to be the value of a variable"   |
| drd@cec2.wustl.edu           |                                             |
|                              |        - E.V. Quine                         |  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ssl@scotty.doe.carleton.ca (11/16/90)

Does anyone know how trip generation in Simcity works?  More specifically,
does traffic transfer from road to rails?  I am building a city where most
of my commercial and industrial zones are adjacent to rail and most of the
residential zones (in the suburbs) are adjacent to roads.  Are the
commercial and industrial zones considered to be accessible to the
residential zones or do I have to replace the roads with rail (which
I can't really afford)?  In addition, I've heard that if all the roads
were replaced by rail a message saying that more roads are needed
appears?  Are roads really needed or is this a bug?

HELP!!!!?!!

Thanks in advance.

bdcrafton@dahlia.uwaterloo.ca (Brad Crafton) (11/16/90)

In article <1990Nov15.180507.26091@ccs.carleton.ca> ssl@scotty.doe.carleton.ca  writes:
>Does anyone know how trip generation in Simcity works?  More specifically,
>does traffic transfer from road to rails?  I am building a city where most
>of my commercial and industrial zones are adjacent to rail and most of the
>residential zones (in the suburbs) are adjacent to roads.  Are the
>commercial and industrial zones considered to be accessible to the
>residential zones or do I have to replace the roads with rail (which

To quote page 38 of the (*ahem*, *cough* *cough* *cough*) MANUAL:

Roads and rails may be used together, as Sims are able to get out
of their cars and into transit lines, or from transit lines to roads
without delay.

Brad Crafton
bdcrafton@dahlia.uwaterloo.ca
2A Actuarial Science
University of Waterloo

ssl@doe.carleton.ca (Stephen Lum) (11/16/90)

In article <1990Nov15.204620.29038@watdragon.waterloo.edu> bdcrafton@dahlia.uwaterloo.ca (Brad Crafton) writes:
>In article <1990Nov15.180507.26091@ccs.carleton.ca> ssl@scotty.doe.carleton.ca  writes:
>>Does anyone know how trip generation in Simcity works?  More specifically,
>>does traffic transfer from road to rails?  I am building a city where most
>>of my commercial and industrial zones are adjacent to rail and most of the
>>residential zones (in the suburbs) are adjacent to roads.  Are the
>>commercial and industrial zones considered to be accessible to the
>>residential zones or do I have to replace the roads with rail (which
>
>To quote page 38 of the (*ahem*, *cough* *cough* *cough*) MANUAL:
>
>Roads and rails may be used together, as Sims are able to get out
>of their cars and into transit lines, or from transit lines to roads
>without delay.

Actually I'm asking this question in reference to the IBM version of the
game.  The manual for this version does not have this sentence in it.

Q:  What's an IBM user doing asking questions in this newsgroup?

A:  I needed help.

Thanks for the answer