[comp.sys.amiga.games] Paradroid. I need some TIPS here.

hunter@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au (James Gardiner [hunter]) (11/06/90)

Getting throught 5 levels of one ship is about all I can do.
Is there any strategy in this game to kill the robots?
Can you for instance pretend to be a certain robot walking around and
therefore, not be attacked by the BattleDroids?

Hunter
--
James Gardiner.  System Admin, Public Access UNIX Melbourne, Australia
DON'T TRUST THE MAIL HEADER! Use the path OR the following :

yorkw@stable.ecn.purdue.edu (Willis F York) (11/08/90)

hunter@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au (James Gardiner [hunter]) writes:

>Getting throught 5 levels of one ship is about all I can do.
>Is there any strategy in this game to kill the robots?
>Can you for instance pretend to be a certain robot walking around and
>therefore, not be attacked by the BattleDroids?

Do ya mean to say they Ported Paradriods from the 64 to the Amiga!
That was one ov my Favorite Games on the 64! (Just above Mule!)

Well who made it? How Much? I wanna Know!
.

--
yorkw@ecn.purdue.edu  Willis F York
Macintosh... Proof that a Person can use a Computer all day and still

proff@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au (Frederick Solidus) (11/09/90)

In <1990Nov6.021115.17763@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au> hunter@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au (James Gardiner [hunter]) writes:

>Getting throught 5 levels of one ship is about all I can do.
>Is there any strategy in this game to kill the robots?
>Can you for instance pretend to be a certain robot walking around and
>therefore, not be attacked by the BattleDroids?
>
>Hunter
>--

The Amiga version is dissapointing after playing the C64 version. Most of you
will find that a little hard to understand, but it is comparable to the
atmosphere of FA/18 compared to that of F29.

The simplest way to kill off high-level robots, is to transfer to them.

I'm not sure if this holds in the Amiga version, but in the commodore version
there is a certian maintance droid, (420?) that is not effected by the
disruptors of the 720 series.

Proff / The Force

diogenes@bbs.sbs.com (Charles Bandes) (11/11/90)

hunter@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au (James Gardiner [hunter]) writes:

> Getting throught 5 levels of one ship is about all I can do.
> Is there any strategy in this game to kill the robots?
> Can you for instance pretend to be a certain robot walking around and
PARADROID is out for the AMIGA?????  A friend of mine had it years ago for
his c64, and it was AMAZING - where can I get one?  How much?  How soon?  Is
it the same game?  In that one you were a little robot who could take over
other robots by bumping into them and fighting it out electronically by
taking over certain wires - then you had to go around shooting robots until
the level shut down, and then you could travel between levels by elevator -
is that the game you're talking about???  I MUST get one
!!!!

hunter@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au (James Gardiner [hunter]) (11/14/90)

In <aLNFs1w163w@bbs.sbs.com> diogenes@bbs.sbs.com (Charles Bandes) writes:

>PARADROID is out for the AMIGA?????  A friend of mine had it years ago for
>his c64, and it was AMAZING - where can I get one?  How much?  How soon?  Is
Yes its out, Its the same as c64 but amigaized and alot harder.

>it the same game?  In that one you were a little robot who could take over
>other robots by bumping into them and fighting it out electronically by
>taking over certain wires - then you had to go around shooting robots until
>the level shut down, and then you could travel between levels by elevator -
>is that the game you're talking about???  I MUST get one
>!!!!
It looks nothing like the 64 version.  Totaly new graphics.
Robots do not have numbers no more.  they all look different and when at a
computer terminal you can get an INFO sheet on them.

The wire battle is EXACTLY the same.
The way the robots fire is different for each robot.  Ie one has a machine
gun,  flame througher etc.  There are many ships as well. (if you can
get past the first one.)

The only Fault I see in it is that the Good old , run through ship shooting
everythink you come across is NOW to hard to do.
The best way to kill the big robots is to run at them, getting your arse shot
off, and attempting a transfer.  This TAKES to long for a game that
you cannot save games.  Also transfering is some times a dice roll.

Conclusion:  Its Too BLOODY hard. Much harder then the 64 version.

Hunter
--

diogenes@bbs.sbs.com (Charles Bandes) (11/17/90)

hunter@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au (James Gardiner [hunter]) writes:

> In <aLNFs1w163w@bbs.sbs.com> diogenes@bbs.sbs.com (Charles Bandes) writes:
>
> >PARADROID is out for the AMIGA?????  A friend of mine had it years ago for
>
> The only Fault I see in it is that the Good old , run through ship shooting
> everythink you come across is NOW to hard to do.
> The best way to kill the big robots is to run at them, getting your arse shot
> off, and attempting a transfer.  This TAKES to long for a game that
> you cannot save games.  Also transfering is some times a dice roll.
>
> Conclusion:  Its Too BLOODY hard. Much harder then the 64 version.

I've played the new Paradroid, and I think I like it - you're right about it
being harder - my games tend to last about two minutes if I'm lucky, but
it's fun anyway.  The graphics on the droid list are great, and funny - I
love being able to pilot a Dalek!!!  I'm a little annoyed by the colors of
the main screen all being the same, it makes everything hard to see, and I
wish it was easier to tell which levels you've already cleared, but other
than that I think it's a pretty good version.  Still prefer the old C64 days
though...  (Can't stand booting the damn thing up anymore though - it just
seems so slow in comparison...)  Thanks for your review!
                        Diogenes
                        Searching the Nets for
                        Truth, Justice, and
                        The American Way