[comp.sys.amiga.games] Anything by DOMARK

watters@anaconda.cis.ohio-state.edu (david r watters) (11/17/90)

In article <90318.125102DEB110@psuvm.psu.edu> DEB110@psuvm.psu.edu (Doug Bischoff) writes:
>   Also, somebody mentioned Cyberball: is THIS awesome game out for the
>Amiga yet?  Please say yes!  Thanx again...
>| -Doug  Bischoff- |    *** ***    ====--\         | "It's so neat to |

Cyberball for the Amiga is by far the WORST port of this incredible game,
on ANY system. It is UNplayable.  It is hideous!!!

But, I am not shocked.   Anyone get HardDrivin' for the Amiga?  Doesn't
anyone at Tengen even look and critique this stuff before they try and
sell it.

" Hey TENGEN.....  I will NOT buy anything else that has the name DOMARK on
the back of the package, and I am advising all my friends and fellow shoppers
to do the same!!!"

--
Due to the shape of the North American Elk's esophagus, even if it could speak,
it could not pronounce the word "lasagna!" - Cliff Clavin, `Cheers'

jayward@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Jay Ward) (11/17/90)

In article <86014@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> david r watters <watters@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:

[ TENGEN flames deleted ]

>" Hey TENGEN.....  I will NOT buy anything else that has the name DOMARK on
>the back of the package, and I am advising all my friends and fellow shoppers
>to do the same!!!"

I will agree with you on most of Tengen's games, but I am EXTREMELY happy
with KLAX.  It probably could have been just a little better (ie. Digitized
woman's voice from arcade version), but for the most part it is an excellent
conversion.  However, most of the rest of their Arcade-to-AtariST-to-Amiga
ports leave much to be desired.

>--
>Due to the shape of the North American Elk's esophagus, even if it could speak,
>it could not pronounce the word "lasagna!" - Cliff Clavin, `Cheers'
>David watters@cis.ohio-state.edu  "It's 12:35... and Michigan STILL sucks."

---
Jay Ward --> jayward@eecs.cs.pdx.edu | "A waist is a terrible thing to mind"
       TrailBlazerWins   == 7;       |
       TrailBlazerLosses == NULL;    |                    -- Karen Carpenter

mofo@bucsf.bu.edu (jason greene) (11/18/90)

i dunno, wasn't blasteroids made by tengen?

that was pretty decent...