[comp.sys.amiga.games] Brataccas, yup

djh@neuromancer.metaphor.com (Dallas J. Hodgson) (11/20/90)

In article <46799@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> v092mgp5@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu writes:

<stuff deleted>

>I would love to have walk-through of the game just to see
>what was actually in the game besides a lot of wierd scenery.
>     It certainly seems funny though that such a game was touted to be
>such a success when the exact opposite happened.  I think the game
>certainly had potential, but the game play and the CONTROLS were
>TERRIBLE!!!  Well, that's enough babbling for now...
>
>                                 Scott
>                              BITNET : v092mgp5@ubvms.bitnet
>                            INTERNET : v092mgp5@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu

Brataccas, along with Archon and 7 Cities Of Gold were my first Amiga games
as well. I picked 'em all up at an Amiga Show in San Francisco back in '86,
and back then the EA booth was having a "buy one get one free" deal.
Brataccas, Psygnosis' first Amiga game, was indeed a real UI bear; the worst
layout of key control on any game, ever. Without saying, the game would fail
on a 68010 to boot. Kinda neat just walking around though... Never did
master the whole thing.
| Dallas J. Hodgson               |     "This here's the wattle,             |
| Metaphor Computer Systems       |      It's the emblem of our land.        |
| Mountain View, Ca.              |      You can put it in a bottle,         |
| USENET : djh@metaphor.com       |      You can hold it in your hand."      |
| "The views I express are my own, and not necessarily those of my employer" |