[comp.sys.amiga.games] Games that DO NOT work on the A3000

skank@iastate.edu (Skank George L) (11/18/90)

     I attempted to send some mail to the person who has been posting the list
of games and what Amiga they are compatible with, but I don't think it got
throught, so I thought I'd post it to the net for everyone.

TETRIX: (PD)
-------
     DOES NOT WORK on the A3000 under Workbench 2.01 or 2.02, I have not tried
  it under 1.3.  Symptom:  It plays fine for a while but eventually the peices
  keep falling and it locks the computer.

STAR TREK: (PD)
----------
     Sorry, Star Trek, at least the version I have, does not work very well
  under Workbench 2.02 (I have the version written using The Director, with
  all the digitized sound and graphics, a very nice attempt).  The game is
  playable, all the digitized sound and graphics work fine but it will
  occasionally Guru for no apparent reason (I assume this is a problem with
  The Director).  More importantly, the program does not free up all it's
  resources when it finishes.   Star Trek is installed on my hard drive.

ASTERIODS: (PD)
----------
     Seems to work fine under Workbench 2.02, is punctuated with massive
  graphics glitches under Workbench 2.01 but is still playable.  Asteriods
  is also hard disk installable on the A3000.

  Hope this helps, hope this also makes that monthly list.

                                        Latur,
                                                George

In article <1990Nov18.091434.17806@news.iastate.edu> skank@iastate.edu (Skank George L) writes:
>TETRIX: (PD)
>-------
>     DOES NOT WORK on the A3000 under Workbench 2.01 or 2.02, I have not tried
>  it under 1.3.  Symptom:  It plays fine for a while but eventually the peices
>  keep falling and it locks the computer.

	This is due to its resending a timer request which hasn't been
replied by the timer yet.  This screws up the timer request queue.  There
was some work done to minimize the sort of problems caused by this, but I
suspect they only reduced the window of vulnerability.

	It should work fine under 1.3 on a 3000 (it's a 2.0 issue).

{uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!jesup, jesup@cbmvax.commodore.com  BIX: rjesup
Thus spake the Master Ninjei: "If your application does not run correctly,
do not blame the operating system."  (From "The Zen of Programming")  ;-)