[comp.sys.amiga.games] Cheat mode for Beast I won't work! HELP!

00jeeaton@bsu-ucs.uucp (MIGHTY MERLIN) (11/20/90)

I've read on this board about a cheat mode for Shadow of the Beast.

I tried to type ten pints at the first guy to the right, but it didn't work.
Is a 'pint' something, because the 'p' key pauses the game, it doesn't work.

Am I interpreting the hint to literally?

-Thanks in advance-

|        //      MIGHTY MERLIN  |UUCP:00jeeaton@bsu-ucs.uucp                  |
|       //   "The sage of might"|bitnet:00jeeaton@bsuvax1.bitnet              |
|   \\ //                       |internet:00jeeaton@bsu-ucs.bsu.edu           |
|    \X/                        |     bsu-cs!bsu-ucs!00jeeaton                |

v092mgp5@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Scott K Wood) (11/20/90)

In article <48936@bsu-ucs.uucp>, 00jeeaton@bsu-ucs.uucp (MIGHTY MERLIN) writes...

>I've read on this board about a cheat mode for Shadow of the Beast.
>
>I tried to type ten pints at the first guy to the right, but it didn't work.
>Is a 'pint' something, because the 'p' key pauses the game, it doesn't work.
>
>Am I interpreting the hint to literally?

     You must have misread something.  The "ten pints" cheat is for
Shadow of the Beast II (<-- that's #2), not for SOTB I.  There is a
cheat for Shadow of the Beast I, though.

     Note: This cheat is quoted verbatum from Shinobi's Gamebusters
cheat list.

                     Shadow of the Beast I

     When the Beast title screen appears, hold down both mouse buttons
and the joystick buttons until you are asked to insert disk #2.  This
will give you unlimited lives.  This does not work on ALL version.

(It works on my version)

     Hope this helps.

                                        Scott
                              BITNET : v092mgp5@ubvms.bitnet