[comp.sys.amiga.games] DinoWars

mmj7455@isc.rit.edu (M.M. Jacyszyn ) (11/07/90)

     Has anyone played or had experience in playing this game?  It looks
interesting, but I'd like to hear people's comments on it.  E-mail or
post.

Mark Jacyszyn
mmj7455@ultb.isc.rit.edu

tba@pws.bull.com (Todd Aubin) (11/20/90)

mmj7455@isc.rit.edu (M.M. Jacyszyn ) writes:

>     Has anyone played or had experience in playing this game?  It looks
>interesting, but I'd like to hear people's comments on it.  E-mail or
>post.

>Mark Jacyszyn
>mmj7455@ultb.isc.rit.edu

I bought it. I played it. Its okay. I made the mistake of trying to
play it with my 5-1/2" year old son. He seemed to understand the
board part of the game, like getting Tyranosaruos Rex to eat another
one, etc., but when you zoom into the monster/video portion of the
game things get too complicated.

Therefore I say this - for the experienced (9 and up) the game seems
to be pretty good. For the stategy minded it reminds me of Archon.
I'll keep it, but I await a cheat for my son. (Who by the ways LOVES
battle squadron now that we can cheat)

Apparently, kids at the age need to have a finite beginning and end
to things to have fun in a game sometimes, unlike some adults....

--
Todd B. Aubin                        | uunet!hbiso!tba or tba@pws.bull.com
ISO Unix Marketing Support           | "Boring disclaimer:" The above views

judd@boulder.Colorado.EDU (JUDD STEPHEN L) (11/20/90)

In article <19022@know.pws.bull.com> tba@pws.bull.com (Todd Aubin) writes:
>mmj7455@isc.rit.edu (M.M. Jacyszyn ) writes:
>
>I bought it. I played it. Its okay. I made the mistake of trying to
>play it with my 5-1/2" year old son. He seemed to understand the
		 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Either you have a very short son, a very strange disk drive, or a very unique
system of units! ;-)

Then again maybe I just woke up too early this morning.

>Apparently, kids at the age need to have a finite beginning and end
>to things to have fun in a game sometimes, unlike some adults....
>
>--
>Todd B. Aubin                        | uunet!hbiso!tba or tba@pws.bull.com

					-Steve
--
judd@tramp.colorado.edu       //  On his knees he fed from my barrel of death
...!ncar!boulder!tramp!judd \X/   he turned the holy water red As he died he