[comp.sys.amiga.games] Opinions on 'Awesome' from Psygnosis

gary@idsssd.UUCP (Gary Gealy) (11/15/90)

Hello,
	My local software store is now stocking 'Awesome' by Psygnosis, and
I'm ISO of any opinions on this game.  Since it was done by the same
people who made 'SOTB I, SOTB II'; I'm a little aprehensive about wasting
more money on a game which is not playable.

				Thanks,
					-GMG-
Gary M. Gealy :-)      |                    ... cp1!sarin!wb3ffv!idsssd!gary
System Software Dvlpmt | ... idssup!idsssd!gary  -or- ...ctnews!idsssd!gary
(301) 329-1100 -- x315 | Insight Route Distribution Sys. - Hunt Valley, MD

ms0p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael Gordon Shapiro) (11/17/90)

> My local software store is now stocking 'Awesome' by Psygnosis, and
> I'm ISO of any opinions on this game.  Since it was done by the same
> people who made 'SOTB I, SOTB II'; I'm a little aprehensive about wasting
> more money on a game which is not playable.

You forget that these are the same people who made "Brataccas".  That
alone is a voucher of quality, as anyone who has played said game will
confirm.

Mike Shapiro
ms0p@andrew.cmu.edu
I don't live in fantasy; I just work there.

doug@eris.berkeley.edu (Doug Merritt) (11/17/90)

In article <cbF4WWa00VIAE9xVR3@andrew.cmu.edu> ms0p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael Gordon Shapiro) writes:

>You forget that these are the same people who made "Brataccas".  That
>alone is a voucher of quality, as anyone who has played said game will
>confirm.

Hmm, that's not my impression. I liked the look of Brataccas, but found
the controls to be extremely difficult to get used to (unlike any other
game I've tried). I gave up on the controls, with regret, after some
hours of trying to get it to do what I wanted.

(The difficulties were along the general lines of it missing input
events, grainy & sticky motion, etc. As if the low level mouse input
routines were done by someone incompetent.)
	Doug
	Doug Merritt		doug@eris.berkeley.edu (ucbvax!eris!doug)
			or	uunet.uu.net!crossck!dougm

liebm@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Mark Lieb) (11/17/90)

In article <cbF4WWa00VIAE9xVR3@andrew.cmu.edu> ms0p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael Gordon Shapiro) writes:

>> My local software store is now stocking 'Awesome' by Psygnosis, and
>> I'm ISO of any opinions on this game.  Since it was done by the same
>> people who made 'SOTB I, SOTB II'; I'm a little aprehensive about wasting
>> more money on a game which is not playable.
>
>You forget that these are the same people who made "Brataccas".  That
>alone is a voucher of quality, as anyone who has played said game will
>confirm.
>
>Mike Shapiro
>ms0p@andrew.cmu.edu
>I don't live in fantasy; I just work there.

Bractaccas.  I remember that game.  I played it for a while and very quickly
took it back to the store saying the company hadn't finished making it.
The controls on that game were so horrible, it is laughable.  Speaking as
someone who worked his way through Obliterator and SOTB I, I would have
to say that Psy.:  a.  has some great game concepts
		   b.  makes games which look _amazing_
		   c.  the majority of its games make
		       you wish you could strangle the guy
		       who designed the controls

mark

                     /\\         _  __  ___    /\\   \\ \  \    \        \
                    /  \\  |\/||  | |  //___  /  \\   \\ \  \    \        \
                   / /\ \\ |\/|| _| |_ \\_// / /\ \\   \\_\__\____\________\
                   \_liebm@silver.ucs.indiana.edu_//   // /  /    /        /

ms0p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael Gordon Shapiro) writes:

>You forget that these are the same people who made "Brataccas".  That
>alone is a voucher of quality, as anyone who has played said game will
>confirm.

Brataccas <> Quality
Brataccas == Unplayable

--
John Sparks         |D.I.S.K. Public Access Unix System| Multi-User Games, Email
sparks@corpane.UUCP |PH: (502) 968-DISK 24Hrs/2400BPS  | Usenet, Chatting,