[comp.sys.amiga.games] My Two Cents on Joysticks

inde5i6@jetson.uh.edu (11/21/90)

Well I had a Tac2 joystick (I emphasize the HAD!) for less than a week and it
started not wanting to move anywhere.  Finally last night the handle snapped
off in my hand.  I don't know if this was a fluke or not, but I'm getting tired
of shelling out money for a joystick.  The companies should make their products
better instead of plastic which can break in the heat of the moment.  I know
that it will cost more, but if a joystick could last ten years, the investment
may be well worth it.

BTW, a friend of mine also has an Epyx 500xj for 7 years now and when I used it
, it was the smoothest and easiest thing I have ever used.  Anyone know where
one can be picked up at?

-SS-

inde5i6@jetson.uh.edu

hamilton@intersil.uucp (11/21/90)

In article <7685.27490794@jetson.uh.edu>, inde5i6@jetson.uh.edu writes:
> Well I had a Tac2 joystick (I emphasize the HAD!) for less than a week and it
> started not wanting to move anywhere.  Finally last night the handle snapped
> off in my hand.  I don't know if this was a fluke or not, but I'm getting tired
> of shelling out money for a joystick.  The companies should make their products
> better instead of plastic which can break in the heat of the moment.  I know
> that it will cost more, but if a joystick could last ten years, the investment
> may be well worth it.
>
> BTW, a friend of mine also has an Epyx 500xj for 7 years now and when I used it
> , it was the smoothest and easiest thing I have ever used.  Anyone know where
> one can be picked up at?

I guess now it's time for me to jump in with my joystick story...A few years ago
I bought 2 Epyx 500(something, I forgot the last two letters) joysticks.  I
initially thought they were great, but the diagonals aren't really that good.
Anyway, about a year ago the plastic on the stick broke off on one of them,
and the other one croaked about 2 weeks ago.  Maybe I'm a little too
enthusiastic during game-play, but I don't think these joysticks are as
rugged as the Epyx literature leads you to believe...
--
Fred Hamilton                  Any views, comments, or ideas expressed here
Harris Semiconductor           are entirely my own.  Even good ones.