[comp.sys.amiga.games] Populous on a 3000

uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun) (10/30/90)

Is there any way to get Populous to run on a 3000?
I tried a patch called fixpop and it does allow it to run, but right after
you enter a world, it ends, and then locks up.  It does let you
start playing for a few seconds though.

I heard project D can patch it to run on a 3000, is this true?
Is there a PD patch that allows populous to run on a 3000?

-Roger

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!uzun
ARPA: crash!pnet01!uzun@nosc.mil
INET: uzun@pnet01.cts.com

nad@tegra.COM (Nancy Durgin) (10/30/90)

In article <5346@crash.cts.com> uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun) writes:
>Is there any way to get Populous to run on a 3000?
>I tried a patch called fixpop and it does allow it to run, but right after
>you enter a world, it ends, and then locks up.  It does let you
>start playing for a few seconds though.
>
>I heard project D can patch it to run on a 3000, is this true?
>Is there a PD patch that allows populous to run on a 3000?
>
>-Roger

I used Project D to copy Populous, and the copied (and presumably unprotected)
version does run on my 3000, I think under 1.3.  However, it runs too fast,
since they must have used CPU-based timing loops.  For instance, on the
beginning screen, you have very little time to click on the "play a game"
button (whatever it's called) before it goes into demo mode.  Then the game
play itself is very fast.  It was still possible to beat it on early levels,
but I imagine things get ridiculous later on.

	Nancy

Nancy Durgin          | (Usual disclaimers | Tegra-Varityper, Inc.
tegra!nad@uunet.com   | apply...)          | Billerica, Massachusetts

mndaily@ux.acs.umn.edu (Linda Seebach) (11/23/90)

Patches to make it work? What a concept... And here I was planning on converting
my virtual Sun 3 (When I finish it...) into a virtual a500.

Where would I get such nice patching programs?

--SeebS--