[comp.sys.amiga.games] DragonCave ff395/data-files?

m086414@pwa-b.uucp (Fred Comins) (11/20/90)

I can't get DragonCave to work.  I got the game from an ftp
site and un-zooed all the files and all looks ok.
When I start the program it complains that it can't read the
data file"S".  What came on the disk are 2 data files??

-rw-r-----  1 fredc       43004 Feb  6  2032 Cave
-rw-r-----  1 fredc      694231 Feb  6  2032 Data

Should this data file be broken into seperate files??
Anyone else had this problem??
I put al files in the top level directory and tried starting
it from both the icon and cli.  all attempts can't find Data.
Help ! ! !

fnf@fishpond.uucp (Fred Fish) (11/25/90)

m086414@pwa-b.uucp (Fred Comins) writes:

>I can't get DragonCave to work.  I got the game from an ftp
>site and un-zooed all the files and all looks ok.
>When I start the program it complains that it can't read the
>data file"S".  What came on the disk are 2 data files??

Until the question about the distribution status of DragonCave
is cleared up, this material should not be made available on
any ftp sites.  I sent a disk to FTL Games about a week ago,
but so far no response from them.  Anyone have a phone number
for a real live human at FTL to talk to?

=Fred
--
# Fred Fish, 1835 E. Belmont Drive, Tempe, AZ 85284,  USA
# 1-602-491-0048               asuvax!mcdphx!fishpond!fnf