[comp.sys.amiga.games] Flight Simulator 4.0?

DEB110@psuvm.psu.edu (Doug Bischoff) (11/22/90)

     Okay, gimme a hand here.
     My friend who owns a dinosaur (read: Tandy 1000 IBM compatible) is doing
cartwheels over Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, and I'm downright jealous.
Okay, the graphics are just adequate, but they're FAST, SMOOTH, and REALISTIC!
The program itself is so incredible, it even has traffic in the air with you
(other planes, HOT AIR BALLOONS!) and even BOATS ON THE WATER!!!  Now you want
attention to detail, he spotted a sailboat while I was watching, and wend into
slew mode to follow it, and (being that he is a sailing fanatic) was elated
to discover that when the boat was trying to go upwind, it TACKED REALISTICLY!
Now THAT is impressive.
     In short, I WANT IT FOR MY AMIGA!!!!  I have a feeling it isn't available,
but I've seen Flight Simulator 2.0 (not nearly as good) for Amiga, and I'd
pay to see a GOOD conversion of 4.0.  Is there such a beast?  Microsoft, are
you planning it at all?  Thanks for the help!

| -Doug  Bischoff- |    *** ***    ====--\         | "It's so neat to |
| -DEB110 @ PSUVM- |   *  ***  *     ==|<>\___     | see an AMIGA say |
| -The Black Ring- |    *** ***        |______\    |   "Welcome to    |
| --- "Wheels" --- |      ***           O   O      |   Macintosh""    |
| Corwyn Blakwolfe |     T.R.I.     -------------  | ---- AMIGA ----  |

brad@nro.cs.athabascau.ca (Brad Grier) (11/24/90)

DEB110@psuvm.psu.edu (Doug Bischoff) writes:

>      Okay, gimme a hand here.
>      My friend who owns a dinosaur (read: Tandy 1000 IBM compatible) is doing
> cartwheels over Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, and I'm downright jealous.
> Okay, the graphics are just adequate, but they're FAST, SMOOTH, and REALISTIC
> The program itself is so incredible, it even has traffic in the air with you
> (other planes, HOT AIR BALLOONS!) and even BOATS ON THE WATER!!!  Now you wan
> attention to detail, he spotted a sailboat while I was watching, and wend int
> slew mode to follow it, and (being that he is a sailing fanatic) was elated
> to discover that when the boat was trying to go upwind, it TACKED REALISTICLY
> Now THAT is impressive.
>      In short, I WANT IT FOR MY AMIGA!!!!  I have a feeling it isn't availabl
> but I've seen Flight Simulator 2.0 (not nearly as good) for Amiga, and I'd
> pay to see a GOOD conversion of 4.0.  Is there such a beast?  Microsoft, are
> you planning it at all?  Thanks for the help!
>
> /---------------------------------------------------------------------\
> | -Doug  Bischoff- |    *** ***    ====--\         | "It's so neat to |
> | -DEB110 @ PSUVM- |   *  ***  *     ==|<>\___     | see an AMIGA say |
> | -The Black Ring- |    *** ***        |______\    |   "Welcome to    |
> | --- "Wheels" --- |      ***           O   O      |   Macintosh""    |
> | Corwyn Blakwolfe |     T.R.I.     -------------  | ---- AMIGA ----  |
> \---------------------------------------------------------------------/

Microsoft Just released a NEW program for the PC version of Flight
Simulator. It's called Aircraft and Scenery Designer. You can make your
own airports, aircraft, terrain, cities..etc. I don't have it yet for my
386, but I'm gonna get it. I'd LOVE to see FS 4.0b on an Amiga. Since
Computer Gaming World recently called it Number 2 in installed computers
that play games, maybe Microsoft will listen?

Brad

sk2x+@andrew.cmu.edu (Sun Kun Kim) (11/27/90)

 DEB110@psuvm.psu.edu (Doug Bischoff) writes:

>     In short, I WANT IT FOR MY AMIGA!!!!  I have a feeling it isn't
available,
>but I've seen Flight Simulator 2.0 (not nearly as good) for Amiga, and I'd
>pay to see a GOOD conversion of 4.0.  Is there such a beast?  Microsoft, are
>you planning it at all?  Thanks for the help!

Well, looking at the track record of Microsoft, it probably won't be
coming out.  Besides, I think Microsoft only makes it for the IBMs and
versions for other computers are made by SubLogic.

                                     Sun...
Carnegie Mellon University                        sk2x+@andrew.cmu.edu

(C)1990, Totally Cool People Society of America.
a non-profit organization formed to protect the lives of the innocent
against weird, barbaric, and grotesque UNCool(C) people in the world.

"Anything I say or do could be used against YOU" - Yours Truly.
Publisher of the Totally Cool People Society's bi-weekly Top Ten List.
(Sig file v.2.2a)