[comp.sys.amiga.games] KLAX

dwjz@bcarh660.BNR.CA (Doug Zolmer) (11/27/90)

I the Amiga version of KLAX worth buying?  How does it compare to the
arcade version?  Is it just a PC port or does it make use of the Amiga's
better graphics and sound?  Reply here, as E-mail at this site is toast.

Doug Zolmer                  | Bell-Northern Research Ltd |
uunet!bnrgate!dwjz%bcarh660  | Dept. 7N53, Mailstop 089   | All opinions
dwjz@bcarh660.BNR.CA         | P.O. Box 3511, Station C   |   are mine
-----------------------------| Ottawa, Ontario            |     only.
Voice: +1 613 763 8217       | K1Y 4H7                    |
FAX:   +1 613 763 3292       | CANADA                     |

pashdown@javelin.es.com (Pete Ashdown) (11/29/90)

dwjz@bcarh660.BNR.CA (Doug Zolmer) writes:

>I the Amiga version of KLAX worth buying?  How does it compare to the
>arcade version?  Is it just a PC port or does it make use of the Amiga's
>better graphics and sound?  Reply here, as E-mail at this site is toast.

Better sound but the graphics could have been a lot better.  The graphics
are ported directly from the ST.  I will never understand why UK programmers
prefer to draw on the ST and port to the Amiga, but they do.  A lot of the
sound from the arcade is missing as well.  However, it is a fair rendition
and a lot of fun to play.  Verdict?  Buy it, but only at a discount price.

--
 /    (Rotate head 90 degrees for full effect)
 \  Pete Ashdown   pashdown@javelin.es.com   ...orca.es.com!javelin!pashdown