[comp.sys.amiga.games] Simcity embesselment!

jones@plains.NoDak.edu (Scott Jones ) (11/29/90)

For those who are a little low on funds in SimCity try this...

At any point in the game type "FUND"  I think it has to be in caps..
This will give you an extra $10,000 to work with..

And yes it works again and again....

Type at ya l8r..
Scott..

Sorry no fancy sig to skip!!

JFS10@psuvm.psu.edu (Jonathan Swaby) (11/30/90)

If you do this to many times you will cause earthquakes. In most cases
it is worth it. I have done it if I have run out of money or I want
to lower taxes to increase the population.

Jonathan Swaby

jac423@leah.albany.edu (Julius Andrew Cisek) (11/30/90)

In article <90333.134028JFS10@psuvm.psu.edu> Jonathan Swaby <JFS10@psuvm.psu.edu> writes:
>If you do this to many times you will cause earthquakes.

So you just embezzle like crazy when you start a new city.  Before you
have anything to lose through earthquakes...

--
|    // .______. J.Cisek  CSC MiniSystems  "i don't want the world,   \_o_/ |
|  \X/--|UU UUU| jac423@leah.albany.edu     i just want your half..." \\|   |

rblewitt@sdcc6.ucsd.edu (Richard Blewitt) (11/30/90)

In article <90333.134028JFS10@psuvm.psu.edu> JFS10@psuvm.psu.edu (Jonathan Swaby) writes:
>If you do this to many times you will cause earthquakes. In most cases
>it is worth it. I have done it if I have run out of money or I want
>to lower taxes to increase the population.

A real neat way to get money fast is to play at the fastest level on
an accelerated machine,  The years take about 2 seconds, you build
up tax revinue before you can spend it.  I had a 40K city in the
year 2150 with lots of funds, and happy citizens :)

                                               Rick Blewitt
                                               rblewitt@ucsd.edu

jbb@contact.uucp (Jordan Baker) (12/01/90)

In article <90333.134028JFS10@psuvm.psu.edu> JFS10@psuvm.psu.edu (Jonathan Swaby) writes:
>If you do this to many times you will cause earthquakes. In most cases
MINI-SPOILER ALERT!
^L

 The really easy way to get around this is to: pause the game when you first
start up your city, and then type FUNDS until you think you have more
money than you will ever need.

-jordan

michael@lanai.cs.ucla.edu (michael gersten) (12/01/90)

There's a much easier way to get money. No earthquakes.

In january, set your tax rate to 0. In november, put it
at 20.

During the year, people will run to your city.
At tax time, you get their money.

Simple, no? :-)