[comp.sys.amiga.games] BILLIARD "SIMULATOR"???

ronkko@cc.helsinki.fi (11/27/90)

Is there nowadays available any GOOD billiard "simulator" for Amiga? I am not
looking for any toy, but a realistic program suitable for teaching of billiard.
3D view, HiRes (PAL) and math processor support would be preferable. If there
is (or will be soon), please let me know!

  Reijo Ronkko     University of Helsinki, Dept. of General Microbiology

harlock@netcom.UUCP (Mike Harlock) (11/28/90)

In article <4084.2751a643@cc.helsinki.fi>, ronkko@cc.helsinki.fi writes:

> Is there nowadays available any GOOD billiard "simulator" for Amiga? I am not
> looking for any toy, but a realistic program suitable for teaching of billiard.
> 3D view, HiRes (PAL) and math processor support would be preferable. If there
> is (or will be soon), please let me know!

There is a game called 3D pool, which has been renamed a long time ago, I
think, that lets you play pool in a 3D persective.  You may choose any
point on the screen, and rotate the screen centered around that point.
You can get virtually any persective you want.  Unfortunantely, that is
how you aim your cue stick, you rotate and move the screen so that you
are looking from the perspective of down the cue stick, then you let go.
  It is not a good simulator, but it is the only 3D one I know of.  It
would not be suitable for teaching.  (Maby just to have a pool table you
could rotate in all three demensions)
--Harlock.

rolee@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Profess'nal Agitator) (12/02/90)

In article <4084.2751a643@cc.helsinki.fi> ronkko@cc.helsinki.fi writes:

>Is there nowadays available any GOOD billiard "simulator" for Amiga? I am not
>looking for any toy, but a realistic program suitable for teaching of billiard.
>3D view, HiRes (PAL) and math processor support would be preferable. If there
>is (or will be soon), please let me know!

MicroProse's 3-D Pool gives a "cue's-eye" view of the table.  This is not
the "typical" pool game where you extend a line from the cue ball.  This is
all eyeball.  You control the pace, left or right English, draw, topspin,
angle, etc.  Unfortunately, for you, it's NTSC.  I doubt there is a European
PAL version, but I could be wrong.

Agitator
  #->

--
   "Caltech -- A Division of     rolee@jarthur.claremont.edu  //  InterNet
       Harvey Mudd"              rolee@hmcvax.bitnet         //   BITNET

d89-rbi@dront.nada.kth.se (Ron Birk) (12/05/90)

About billiarnd simulators... Wait for Archer McLean's latest work.
Hes been working on it the latest year, and from what I've seen
its really good. But for all americans, it will only handle Snooker
rules i think.

For those who do not know who the author is, he has written Dropzone,
Inern. karate+ etc etc

Ron Birk