[comp.sys.amiga.games] O.K. boycot Ultima V, but need something more.

802360644%RUMAC@UPR1.UPR.CUN.EDU (Angel Asencio) (12/06/90)

<Byron Max Guernsey <specter@disk.uucp>> writes:

>I don't know if it is a good idea to boycot a company that puts out a bad
>piece of software (ot even consistantly puts out bad software).

I think that boycoting alone is a bad idea.

>The reason
>being that they might just stop producing software at all for amiga.

Or maybe is something about a litigation that two porting groups had and
the worst won.

>think that would be worse than prodicuing sucky programs. Worse off they
>might go make it for the NEXT! We can't have that! (grin)

No comments...

>Is the amiga version like the ibm version? I played around a bit with
>the IBM version on super VGA and thought the graphics were pretty good.
>I didn't see much, I just saw the dungeon adventuring. Hmmm come to think

Maybe speed and interface should be asked.

>of it..maybe it was Ultima VI??? In the IBM version I saw the guys smoothly
>walked around the dungeon (in a semi-3d overhead view)

I saw IBM's Ultima V and you walked in front view perspective in the
dungeon and 2-D in the combat, you should seen Ultima VI.

>Byron Guernsey

O.K., about the first paragraph, I think that with the boycot must come
many letter to origin, explaining why you don't bought Ultima V and what
you want it to be, so, they can see the interest and they try again with
Ultima VI, but satisfing the petitions.

I emphasize, must be MANY letters, because, they will loose money with the
boycot (or at least, don't receive much profit) and they need a good
motivation to try again (this time knowing well what the customers want).

Angel//
   \X/

      Angel Asencio//               Computer Engineering Student
                 \X/                University of Puerto Rico
802360644%rumac%upr1.upr.clu.edu    Mayaguez Campus
A_ASENCIO%upr1.upr.clu.edu
  ******* Amiga, it's not just a computer, it's THE COMPUTER *******