[comp.sys.amiga.games] ELITE 1.+?

barton@latcs1.oz.au (DoomsDay) (12/03/90)

I am an avid (on and off) player of elite.  and am wondering if there is a
later version that 1.0?  I have 1.0 (a version with the HACK in it)

Also I am wondering if anyone else out there has noticed the limitations in
Amiga Elite?  Such as limits on the types of ships that can be pirates...

A bit depressing to go from amstrad and bbc elite where anything can and usually
does attack you to amiga elite where you are told who the badies are and after
a while know what the will most likely be flying!!!

Also the pack formation of attacking pirates is predictable...  I don't
remember it being so on the amstrad or the bbc (but I suppose they are
inferior machines...)

I would be delighted if I could get my hands on a later version, 1.0 seems
pretty incomplete... (compared!)

Doug
barton@latcs1.oz.au
PS:Not raggin the amiga, just wondering why the dev team didn't appear to
make the effort to useami's superior capabilities?

d89-rbi@dront.nada.kth.se (Ron Birk) (12/05/90)

About Elite, please relax David Braben (The original author), is
working on Elite II. On what computer I didn't remember but I will
send more about it later if interest exist.

Ron Birk

sanders@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Robert M Sanders) (12/07/90)

In article <1990Dec5.120521.20175@nada.kth.se> d89-rbi@dront.nada.kth.se (Ron Birk) writes:
>About Elite, please relax David Braben (The original author), is
>working on Elite II. On what computer I didn't remember but I will
>send more about it later if interest exist.
>
>Ron Birk

Interest EXISTS!  I'd love to get my hands on a sequel to Elite.  It was my
favorite on my old Apple II+, and I used to play it regularly on my Amiga.
Haven't of late due to a negative amount a time that I can use as 'free' time.
Please, if you here of any info about it (including where I can mail a hint
letter for an amiga version) let me know.  Many thanks....

					Rob

d0micke@dtek.chalmers.se (Mikael Andersson) (12/07/90)

In article <1990Dec5.120521.20175@nada.kth.se>, d89-rbi@dront.nada.kth.se (Ron Birk) writes:
|> About Elite, please relax David Braben (The original author), is
|> working on Elite II. On what computer I didn't remember but I will
|> send more about it later if interest exist.
|>
|> Ron Birk

I'm Interested !  However I haven't heard a sound about him workin' on it????
I read an article about 2 years ago that he was thinking about making
a followup to Elite. IF he did that he had plans on adding everything we missed
in Elite...

By the way does anyone know if there is only 5 special missions in Elite?????

jdmst11@unix.cis.pitt.edu (John D Morris) (12/07/90)

> Interest EXISTS!  I'd love to get my hands on a sequel to Elite.  It was my
> favorite on my old Apple II+, and I used to play it regularly on my Amiga.
> Haven't of late due to a negative amount a time that I can use as 'free' time.
> Please, if you here of any info about it (including where I can mail a hint
> letter for an amiga version) let me know.  Many thanks....
>

> 					Rob

I second that!!! (Well, all but the apple ii part)  I used to play Elite
all the time on my C-64.  I have never been able to find it for the Amiga
though.  Maybe if a sequel came out, it would be a wide-spread release, and
I could buy a copy of that one.  As far as I know, Elite is no longer in
production for the Amiga :(

					Hawk