[comp.sys.amiga.games] TV Sports Football

wha@parsons.rutgers.edu (Ainsworth) (11/15/90)

	I am an avid TV Sports Football player.  Has anyone out there
found a football game that is superior to this one?

	The game guru's sometimes (for no apparent reason), but if one
has an idea of what the clock was at, you just reboot and continue,
setting your own time deadline.

	The play calling is not that sophisticated, but the game plays
so well that it's alright.

	Is anybody playing this game who can compare it with others of
the genre?

 		-B.A.

dlarson@blake.u.washington.edu (Dale Larson) (11/15/90)

In article <Nov.14.18.12.14.1990.4424@parsons.rutgers.edu> wha@parsons.rutgers.edu (Ainsworth) writes:

>	I am an avid TV Sports Football player.  Has anyone out there
>found a football game that is superior to this one?

Before I purchased Grid Iron, I found a friend who owned both 4th and Inches
and TV Sports Football.  Neither worked satisfactorily under 2.0 on the 3000.
TV Sports Football seemed much too graphics oriented for what I'm looking for
in a football simulation.  I don't want a video game, I want to learn about
football and to try things out without requiring too much wrist action.
TV Sports Football did have a really good manual.  Grid Iron just seems more
realistic to me, even though the graphics are very simple (maybe because
they are just circles it is somehow more realistic?) and it can't do somethings
(man in motion, player substitutions).

What I really want is a simulation where I don't play any position but
coach.  Where I can see the play happen, but I only call it.  Where as much
reality as possible were involved with the game so that real NFL coaches
might start using it to simulate new techniques against teams they have to
play.

To those who have pro-football simulator:  Is it 3000/2.0 compatible?  If it
is, I'll probably have to try it.  It'd also be a plus if it were hd
installable (someone said that grid iron is, but I usually have no problems
and gi hasn't worked on hd for me -- maybe I bought an old version).
--
-Dale Larson  (dlarson@blake.u.washington.edu)

mager@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Rainer V Mager) (12/07/90)

I knwo its a couplt years old, but I've been playing it recently and I
could use some help.
In TV Sports Football when playing a league what do the letter above the
stats of the individual players mean?  I'm talking about the stats you
can change when you edit a league for each player.  Also, how and when
do those stats go up?

That's it, and thanx in advance

Rainer
mager@unix.cis.pitt.edu

aiajms@castle.ed.ac.uk (-=Andy=-) (12/10/90)

In article <68571@unix.cis.pitt.edu> mager@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Rainer V Mager) writes:
>I knwo its a couplt years old, but I've been playing it recently and I
>could use some help.
>In TV Sports Football when playing a league what do the letter above the
>stats of the individual players mean?  I'm talking about the stats you
>can change when you edit a league for each player.  Also, how and when
>do those stats go up?

Why not buy the game....and read the manual!!!!

Name  : Andrew Mcsherry					 +++++++
Degree: Computer Science & Artificial Intelligence(4)	  ++   ++
Univ  : University Of Edinburgh, Scotland.		  ++   ++
Mail  : aiajms%uk.ac.ed.castle@nsfnet-relay		 +++++++
.......Go Elway....Go Humphries....Go Johnson.          GO BRONCOS